Nearly done

Hi all,

Sorry I've been incommunicado - treatment has really knocked it out of me. I've done all my chemo now, finish radio on weds then have my brachy.

I've been ok,  tiredness and nausea are the main side effects along with the horrid taste (making it hard for me to drink!) And bowel issues but not unmanageable. Weeks 2 - 3 were hardest as they didn't give me all of my anti sickness meds, which I didn't know about until week 4 :(

Bit worried about the brachytherapy - any advice/experience welcome! 

Trying to catch up with everyone's posts,  hope you're all ok x

Hi Sweet Pea,

Glad to hear you are nearly there with your journey through treatment. 

I just finished mines on Wednesday, and had similar issues but mainly stayed well,  the horrid taste put me off food and drink as everything I ate tasted tainted,  but that disappeared about a week after the chemo finished, although my acupuncturist did also treat me for it.

The Brachytherapy, although not the most pleasant of treaments was not painful in any way, just a bit uncomfortable. The Brachy practitioners could not have been nicer, or more helpful to make sure you were as comfortable as possible.  I was told to take a couple of paracetamol an hour prior to my treatment to make me feel a bit more comfortable, but they said there was other medication they could give me if I felt it was too much. 

I hope all goes well with the remainder of your treatment, 

Take care & look after yourself,

Feisty xx

Good luck with the final hurdle Sweet Pea :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Feisty is right, the staff doing treatment are very good at putting you at ease. 

I've not suffered any pain, just a little uncomfortable a day or so afterwards. 

I hope yours goes as smoothly as possible for you.

Good luck xx