nabothian cysts and colposcopy

Hi all, this is my first post so please bare with me. Three years ago I went for my smear and the nurse nearly gave my a heart attack when she said there was a lump on my cervix, another nurse was called in and she said it was nothing to worry about, that test came back normal, fast forward to this year and my periods have been coming more frequently like every 18 days, then I had a three day brownish discharge after intercourse, so off I trot to the dr for my smear and she looked at my cervix said it was a strange shape and that there were a cluster of what she thought was nabothian cysts but she wanted to send me for a colposcopy (which I had done about 20 years ago when I had abnormal cells), anyway my latest smear has come back normal so why do I still need a colposcopy ? I am getting really concerned as I am an anxious person anyway. any advice please.Frown

Hello,

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Ladies can be referred for colposcopy for all sorts of reasons, not just abnormal cells. It just means they’ll be able to take a close look at your cervix than they can with the naked eye.

Hope this helps and you get appointment soon, as I can understand how worrying it all must be for you. If you feel your anxiety is getting worse, maybe have chat with your GP and say how you’re feeling?

Take care x

thankyou for your reply , I go on Monday for colposcopy, I have so much going on at the moment with my health its the last thing I need but the doctor has been good and has given me something for the anxiety. I am also agoraphobic so going to any appointments is doubly difficult but I have to do it, there is no option, thanks again and I will let you all know how I got on, kind regards Misty

Hi ladies just to let you know that I have just returned from colp and after looking at my cervix everything is all good, just harmless cycts.

I want to wish you all well with your treatment, my thoughts are with you all.