MRI tomorrow

Just been offered a cancellation appointment for an MRI tomorrow in Belfast City Hospital. Getting closer to finding out what stage this thing is… a mixture of emotions, relief because answers are getting closer and nerves because I’m apprehensive of the scan itself and im not confident driving to the city… just had to write it down somewhere and tell somebody.

Hi Shammy,

Please don’t worry about the scan - it really is no big deal. Presumably it will be one where they inject some dye - again, this is no problem at all. If you don’t like needles, look away! I’m glad you’ve got a cancellation and can get this done quickly, as the quicker you’ll know what’s what and can move on to the next stage - treatment and cure. If you’re worried about finding your way driving, (whether or not you’ve got satnav) I recommend finding the place you’re going to on Google Earth or maps, going to street view and actually ‘walking’ up and down the road, looking at things that are nearby, and landmarks on your route. As a woman I navigate not by some internal compass (like my husband can) but by things I recognise, and I find this process enormously reassuring when I’m going somewhere new.

If you don’t want to get undressed, make sure you wear ‘machine compliant’ clothing - no metal, all stretch materials. For my first MRI I had to take my bra off as it had hooks, but the rest of my clothing was stretchy and okay - they let me out of the room into a corridor afterwards as I was in my clothes and I couldn’t put the bra back on. It felt a little weird going home with it in my handbag… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All the best and let us know how it goes. X

1 Like

Thank you. Yes I’m doing the old google map thing… looking at lanes I’ve to be in etc. I’ll have to get used to it as I think most of my treatment might be there! Need to get my big girl pants on :woman_facepalming: Thanks for the clothing tip… I have some great Buster top type bras, all one piece no metal at all. I’m quite a big busted girl and would prefer a bra of sorts… otherwise they’ll be either under my chin or under each armpit!

Hi Shammy
I had my MRI in Belfast City Hospital too. Parking is easy and the MRI place is easy to find!
It takes about 30mins in total, you’ll get headphones and they put a radio od your choice on, so it is bearable.
Any questions just ask :relaxed:
Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Good luck I have been seeing your story. Hope tomorrow goes ok xx

1 Like

Oh thank you so much! That’s very reassuring. I’ve heard they’re wonderful up there. Many thanks for the reply

Thank you so much :heart:

All done and dusted! Not a bad experience at all. Took about 30 mins. No contrast needed? Whatever that means. Just the wait now… my team meet on a Tuesday so I hope to hear next week.

1 Like

Just keep yourself busy it’ll be Tuesday before you know it x

1 Like

Hopefully you’ll hear soon xx

1 Like

How are you doing? Hope all is ok with you x

1 Like

Hi @Kimmyc1982 ! Not too bad today thank you!
Hoping to hear something this week - MDT meeting on Tuesday.

Going to speak to my GP also about pain control medication and her thoughts on my return to work ( I work in a school )

And how are you?

@Shammy716 that’s good news hopefully you’ll hear something by the end of the week then!

Hopefully you’re GP will advise. I need to speak to mine tomorrow too, I had a wee bleed today, bright red blood! So am freaking out a little bit all this time later. Called nhs24 and they said GP tomorrow so hopefully nothing to worry about but can’t help but worry too! Xx

1 Like

@Kimmyc1982 with what we’re all going through it’s not surprising we become anxious at every thing that happens.

I had to take some hefty meds yesterday to help with some pain, it played havoc with my stomach as medication always has done to me since my gall bladder removal and I was convinced something was wrong with my bowels… turns out I was full of wind… :woman_facepalming:

I guess this is just how things are gonna be for us now.