MRI scan no sign of cancer

Hi all I just find out my 6 months post chemo radio brachytherapy MRI scan shows no sign of cancer ? Does it mean I have have been given all clear or I need to couple scans in next months to come to be told all clear
Sorry I am all over the place today :sob:

1 Like

You are never told you are “all clear” of cancer because cancers can be too tiny to visualise so that can never be claimed with 100 per cent certainty. What they will say is that you are NED (No evidence of disease). That’s what they have told you and it’s really excellent news. It means what they saw before can no longer be seen and the treatment has worked really well.

1 Like

I only had my post treatment mri, but regular 3 monthly checks ups with my consultant. No other scans were planned, because I had got a “no evidence of disease” result from my post treatment scan. That is the best result you can get post treatment, and all of my consultants have always used caution and reminded me that while the result is good it does not mean cancer free,

I’ve dealt with more than one consultant and they have never used the words “cancer free” because they can’t guarantee it. Microscopic cells that cannot be picked up on scans can remain. That was the case for me unfortunately, despite my “complete radiological response” and no evidence of disease result. Luckily something was spotted at a check up, and I was sent for an mri which showed the cancer was growing again.

You’ve had an excellent result, so I’d focus on that.

1 Like