MRI Results 14 months Post Op

Hi Ladies

Haven't posted for a while about myself, just been trying to support others going through this journey.

Anyway, I had my 'year' MRI 24th November and saw my consultant today to get the results.  The absolutely brilliant news is that there was no sign of cancer but then he told me I had lymphocysts and bowel adhesions which threw me a bit.  Said it wasn't really suprising with all the surgery I'd had. I asked about the lymphocysts and he said they were only small and he believed that it was an infected one that caused the abscess which led to the 2nd op I had last year.

Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there that has had the same and if it affected them in any way?  Think I may book an appointment with my GP soon to discuss it a bit more.  Of course I can think of loads of questions now but my mind was blank with the consultant!

My next appointment is a vault smear next April and then another MRI next October/November which I think is to check on the 'extras' as much as the cancer.

Any info etc would be very much appreciated.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Hi honey,

you have been a great support! I hope you get some answers about this soon.

Molly xxx

Hi Cheryl,

Well brilliant news about the cancer eh! I'm sorry but I can't help you with any info about bowel adhesions or lymphocysts but I'm sure your GP will be able to help you there. Just wanted to reiterate what Molly says, you are a star and I wish you a very happy, problem-free Christmas :-)

Be lucky

Tivoli

Thank you Mollz and Tivoli.  You are both stars in supporting others too and when you go through it you are so grateful for that - that's me speaking from experience!  Lets hope we all have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2015.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Great news love xxx

Hi Cheryl Hunni great news about your MRI! Sorry I cant be any use on the bowel and lymphocyst. take care Hunni xx

Wonderful news Cheryl that there is no Cancer. Hope you get answers soon about the adhesions and lymphocysts!

Jade xx

Thank you Lea, Dominque and Jade - it's so lovely hearing from you all.  When the copy of my letter comes through I plan to make an appointment with my GP to discuss the adhesions and lymphocysts then I can post back to let people know in the hope it may help someone else.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

Hugs,xx

Hi Cheryl,

Great news :-)

Hope you have a wonderful christmas and a happy healthy

new year.

All the best

Becky X

Hi Becky

Many thanks, wishing you the same for Christmas and the New Year.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Hi Cheryl

Great rnews about lymph nodes & margins being clear!!! I haven't any experience with what you have described, but just wanted to post to show support for you, hopefully you will get some answes soon, good answers!! I remember u messaging me before my radical hysterectomy, I was totally freaking about the catheter & other things, & you sent me a message to reassure me & told me of your experience with it!! Many thanks, wishing a stress/problem free time for you xxx Salma

Hi Cheryl,

Fab news with a clear scan!!

Hope you get some answers soon on the adhesions and lymphocysts. I've never heard of lymphocysts before but they sound like a pain.

All the best

Jo xxx

Hi Salma

Many thanks for your support, it is very much appreciated. What a great gang the Jo's ladies are!  Think I will need to arrange a GP appointment to discuss the adhesions and lymphocysts in more detail.

Hope you are doing well now.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Hi Jo

Many thanks, yes it was fab news with the clear scan.  Read a little on the adhesions & lymphocysts but think I will get a clearer picture from the GP.  Was hoping someone out there might have had the same, hopefully someone might come forwward yet!

How did your scan go and are you still getting your pain flare ups?

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

hi Cheryl - brilliant news

what is a bowel adhesion and what are the symptoms?

Hi Cheryl,

I had the scan on Friday and it was fine, no bother! Just eagerly awating my results now which I hope will be this week. My consultant said she'd call me with them. They weren't overly concerned but of course I am!

The pain typically has gone now so I really don't know what it was.

xx

Hi Jo

Read your update after I had sent the last post, hope you get your results very soon, the waiting is awful isn't it.  Made me smile with the beer at the cinema and Tivoli's post about her local cinema made me laugh!

My consultant said on Friday that he was not surprised about the adhesions with the surgery I'd had.  I get the odd pain now and again which could be due to that but a friend who has adhesions from another type of surgery has had quite a lot of pain off and on from them. 

Fingers crossed for you, will be checking your updates.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Many thanks Pat.

Adhesions are a band of scar tissue that may cause tissues or organs inside your body to stick together.  They are most common after tummy or pelvic surgery.  They can cause pain and bloating and worse case scenario a bowel obstruction.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx