MRI recall

Yell

Got a letter today asking me to go back for another MRI. Here is the wording - 

'a consultant radiologist has reviewed your recent investigation and decided that further information would be helpful. We would be grateful if you would attend the MRI department as attached appointment. This certainly does not necessarily mean that there is anything serious to worry about, just that further information is required to make a diagnosis.'

OMG! I appreciate that they've tried to ease my mind but it hasn't worked! Just sounds to me like they've seen something suspicious. 

Has anyone else had anything similar happen? 

Stop this roller coaster, I want to get off!!!!

Molly xxx

Molly(((HUG))) It just never ends does it?

How long do you have to wait for this?

Becky Xx

Hi Molly

So sorry this has had to happen to you, hopefully you won't have to wait too long.  I don't think they would have put that in the letter if there was something serious to worry about, they would have been more neutral.  Also, I believe if there is anything serious going on then they ring rather than send a letter. However, I can understand how worried you must be so the sooner it gets sorted the better.

Sending you lots of hugs.

Cheryl,xx

Oh thank you girls!

ive still to go to my treatment plan appointment on Monday, they don't seem to concerned about the extra MRI. It's next Friday.

The hard thing is thinking you know what's going to happen, having it all mapped out in your head, and then you keep getting thrown curve balls.

best to take it a day at a time, but easier said than done.

love to both of you, Molly xx

I hope I can ease your worries. When i had my first MRI nearly at the end they said to me (Iwas freaking out a bit) 'There's another scan we can do, we dont have to do it but it will give us a better picture, but you'll have to go further in' I've had 2 MRI's since and they were both half the time of the first. I think they really give you a good going over the first time to see absolutely everything they can. I'm sure that consultant has been giving someone a bollocking for not doing the first one right !!!