Missing biopsy results

Hi
First time poster here. I had a biopsy 6 weeks ago. I was told if no results within 3 weeks to call the consultants secretary. Just before I called I received a follow up appointment to see a consultant I’ve never heard of. My consultant secretary can’t tell me what the follow up appointment is for or the biopsy results. She sent another biopsy letter but I’m still waiting for it 3 weeks later! Yet today another appointment letter arrived so now 2 follow up appointments and no idea what they’re for and still no biopsy results. I’ve got myself really worked up thinking the worst. Does this mean its bad news?

1 Like

This is similar to my situation. Had LLETZ two weeks ago, was called today for an appointment but have had no other info or correspondence. My niece actually thinks it’s cruel how they (in the UK) leave you so very much in the dark. They’ll say they’re just following protocol but when mistakes are actually made, there’s not a lot of sympathy, compassion or real remorse. Xx But the rest of the time it’s like they don’t want to acknowledge how very hard it is to wait and not know.

Sorry to hear that you’ve had problems too. It does feel cruel. And yes there’s no sympathy or compassion. No one cares. The secretary knows the contents of the letter but wont tell me. I feel I’m being a nuisance. On the other hand I would feel stupid going to an appointment without knowing what its for. hope you find out soon x

1 Like

If I could give you a big hug, I would - for my sanity, too! It’s just frightening. Maybe it’s not as bad as I think, but in the absence of ANY information, your mind is wont to assume the worst. Xx They know that but don’t care to acknowledge…