Metastasis -Stage 4b - Cancer spread to chest, spine, shoulder, lymph nodes

You are a complete inspiration Lou, thank you for posting and keeping us up to date.

It’s stories like yours that give us all the hope and strength we need.

Keep beating those odds!

Love Ali x

Hi Lou,

It's great to here from you.I now can put a face

to your post's after seeing you on FB ;-).You are

a lovely looking lady,and I am sure you will get

the same comments as me and others" But You look

so well!!" Although I am happy that I look well, it gets

abit hard to hear when you don't feel well,as I'm sure

you understand.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to post

your experiences.It means so much.I had re-currence

and I keep you and others in mind everyday to beat the odds.

Thanks again Lou,your a star Xx

Becky x

Hello,

I have tried to be good to my word and post but I always seem to have issues posting from my iPad or phone… Sorry!

Apologies that it’s rather delayed again!

Decembers scan thankfully happened before Christmas and since my consultant wasn’t expecting any changes she agreed if it was good news I could have the results over the phone as we were going away. Great news is that I remain stable!!! Fracture is still healing and all other areas remain unchanged we were thrilled and could go on holiday and enjoy Christmas without worry, and we did!

I have been experiencing some issues with blood clots in my urostomy off and on for a couple of years now and they did get worse March-Nov so I was told I needed a looposcopy by my Urology team to check out my kidneys etc. On Friday I had the looposcopy under general anaesthetic, the piece of bowel that makes up the Stoma is very inflamed which is a possible cause of the clots, biopsies were taken and results will be in 4 weeks time. I should say they said they didn’t think it looked sinister so that is a relief! I do however have to have a scan on my kidneys and ureters in addition to the GFR and Renogram so I’m waiting for that appointment.

It’s been a funny few weeks though as an occasional pain I get in my shoulder where the cancer was in the humeral head has gotten worse and is a constant full ache with sharp shooting pains which is now keeping me up at night. I’ve spoken to my gynae CNS who has spoken to my consultant and and she thinks based on my last scan it’s just degeneration of the bone causing the pain and is happy to wait for the 6 weeks to my next scan. So it’s pain killers, waiting for the kidney & ureter scan, waiting for biopsy results and next CT w/c 23rd March.

None of this ever gets easier and despite the ‘stable’ result sometimes life is just full of the cancer journey. For me I feel conscious and awful that my husband, parents and friends have to go through this too…, I’ll never not feel guilty for that but I am grateful and thankful of their support every step of the way. I hope everyone is coping with whatever stage you are at and that you are all receiving the sabe level of love and support that I am.

Speak soon,

Lou x

Hi Lou,

Thanks for taking the time to give us an update  :-)

I am so pleased you continue to be stable,wonderful news.

I know what you mean about the guilt thing,especially when you

are in pain.Hard for all concerned isn't it.

Like you I can't begin to imagine where I would be without my

wonderful husband and friends,I feel very lucky.

I have got everything crossed for you with your results.Hope your pain

meds work and you can sleep well again.

Thanks again Lou X

Take care

Becky x