Me myself & I

Hi guys,
Not sure if my post belongs here but I have been stalking for a while and finally plucked up the courage to post.

I’m 26 years old, mother to two beautiful children 5 and 9 months. My problems started about 3 or 4 years ago, I had the mirena coil fitted and kept getting constant back to back BV infections so I had it taken out about 2 years ago. I still kept getting the recurring infections to this day, antibiotics would clear it up then after the course it was straight back! After having my daughter 9 months ago my periods have been irregular and more heavier (passing clots the size of the palm of my hand) and the past 3 or 4 months have been experiencing post coital bleeding sometimes with pain. Also been having urinary and bowel changes. Bleeding in-between my cycle…I was watching TV last night and stood up and blood poured out everywhere with a big clot I’m not in any pain abdominally but I do have lower back ache. And I am not due for af for another 2 weeks.
I’ve never had a smear as I was pregnant when I turned 25. I called the Dr’s receptionist on Monday to book one in and explain my symptoms to which I was given a date of 22nd Sept. Dr herself calls me back the very next day and says she definetly needs to see me sooner so I have an appointment this Thursday 26th for an internal and smear.
Should I be worried?
Thank you and apologies for the rant xx

Hi Gabalar

Welcome and well done for plucking up the courage to post, hard to believe now but it took me while before I sent my first post.

As to your query whether your post belongs here. Well strictly speaking no because this is the ‘recently diagnosed with cervical cancer’ section: also you’re going to see posts that can be quite scarey to read and might just cause you unnecessary worry. I hope I don’t sound like some sort of forum police lol.

But it’s good you’re reaching out and have found Jo’s which is truly a great support for anyone with cervical screening/abnormalities/cancer issues and we’ll all be here for you should the need arise.

Sounds like you have a good GP who is going to see you asap. I’m not an expert but there could be a number of reasons for your symptoms so your GP no doubt will assessing you and making appropriate referrals.

Hope all goes well for you.

x

2 Likes