MDT Meeting

Hi. I’m new here and feeling really worried so just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

I had treatment (chemoradiation and brachytherapy) for Stage 3 Cervical Cancer last summer/early autumn. When I had my 3 month check-up in January, the consultant said the tumour had responded really well, there were 2 nodules which were however inactive but that a lymph node higher up had lit up. She said where it was made it very difficult to perform a biopsy and that it was very small so couldn’t be targeted for treatment anyway. She said they would wait 3 months and see what happened as it could just be an infection which would resolve itself. This is what I’ve been counting on as before I started treatment I had an area of my bowel light up and it turned out to be nothing to worry about.

I had a PET scan a few days ago and rang up to arrange an appointment to get the results. The consultant’s secretary said they were going to discuss the results at the MDT meeting and she would ring with an appointment after that. I’m really worried now as if it was all ok wouldn’t they just arrange an appointment and tell me? I’ve tried so hard to keep positive and for the first time since my treatment I have been starting to feel well and more like my old self, but I’m feeling really frightened and upset now.

Hi. I believe everything has to be discussed at mdt, so that everyone is in agreement with the results of all investigations. Good luck xxx

Hi, I was told the same off my oncologist that all scan results have to be discussed at MDT regardless of their outcome as the radiographer is part of that team. Try and stay positive I know waiting is just awful you imagine the worst. Hopefully it will come around quick for you.

sarah xxx

Hi Ladies.  Thank you so much for being kind enough to reply.  I feel a bit calmer now thanks to you.  The meeting is on Wednesday so I'm hoping I won't have too long to wait after that.  Is it ok if I come back and tell you how I get on?  I don't have many people I can talk to about all this.

Jillx 

Hi Jill, sorry you are having to go through this worry again. Fingers crossed all ok at the mdt meeting, please let us know how you get on, we are all here for you xx

Hi Jill, course it's ok it's to let us know :) it's what keeps us all sane. I'm keeping everything crossed for you

Sarah xxx

That's brilliant that sazbee has been able to reassure you.  

Please do come back on and tell us what's happening.  We all learn so much from every story told x 

Hi Jill :-)

Just to reiterate what the other women here have already said, you can come on here whenever you like and talk about anything you want to. We're all here and we're all listening and caring about you :-)

(((((HUGS)))))

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thank you all for your kind words and reassurance.  Still waiting to hear about the appointment but I imagine the strikes may hold things up a bit.  Rather stupidly I've been Googling and managed to totally depress myself as to how things will turn out if the cancer has in fact spread to this lymph node.  I'm a lone parent to a 14 year old so can't help but worry how he'll cope if things go badly.  Anyway I'm trying to keep busy at work and not think about things too much!

Just had a call asking me to come in tomrrow at 2.00 so at least I'll know soon.  Feel sick thinking about it though :-(

Good luck...hope everything goes well for you.

Take care x

Hi Jill good look for tomorrow I'm keeping everything crossed for you. its good they have come back to you so soon the waiting is the worst. my hospital holds the mdt meeting every Wednesday and my results were being discussed on 6th April which was the day of the strike so I was worried  but I don't think any junior doctors are involved.. Let us know how you get on. I'll be thinking of you stay positive 

sarah xxx

Hello I had my MDT meeting on Tuesday can anyone tell me how long I will have to wait for a stage I’m worried sick xx