May I ask a question

Hello ladies,

I hope you don't mind me asking. Before you were diagnosed, and you went for your colposcopies. Did the nurses ever give you any indication that they had found something? 

I had A LLETZ yesterday and they have taken a biopsy. All she said was there was a problem area and that she was going to start treatment. And I should wait 4 weeks for results and follow up smear in 6 months.

I wish I had asked more questions. So i just wondered if they had seen something that they would have mentioned this. 

So did anyone have a similar experience, but were then diagnosed? 

I hope you don't mind me asking. 

Thank you x

If nothing had been found you wouldn't have had a LLETZ. Did you ever ask why you were having a LLETZ? The piece of cervix removed during the LLETZ will be sent for biopsy and you will be told after about 4 weeks whether they found CIN or cancer. If they find only CIN you will be called back for another smear in 6 months. If they find cancer you will get a letter inviting you to an appointment and usually recommending that you bring somebody with you.

This is absolutely standard procedure.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Tivoli 

Thank you  Sorry I forgot to say my smear results wee CIN3 (Severe). I was just a bit worried as I stupidly only just had my first smear at 33. I just didn't ask if she saw anything (bad) as I assumed she would say.

I will just have to be patient. 

Mel 

Well here's hoping that the LLETZ got rid of all your CIN3 and has shocked your cervix into behaving itself properly!

Good luck with the results! Do let us know how you get along :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli