Lumpy red irregular cervix

Hi, first time posting on a forum. Okay, so 6 months ago my smear test showed high grade diskaryosis, which was them removed by lletz treatment at colposcopy. The results showed cin3 but no sign of cancer. 

i went for my 6 month smear yesterday, the Nurse said it looked abnormal and fetched the gP. The gp confirmed the cervix looked red lumpy and irregular, and he referred me urgently to colposcopy.

Last week I had some spotting in between periods for the first time ever..

my question is, are there any other reasons for my cervix to appear like this, other than cancer ?? 

Would appreciate any advice as going out of my mind with worry ! 

Thanks 

Anyone ...? :(

I think it might be better for you to speak to the helpline.  It's a bit difficult for members of the forum to give you alternative diagnoses when they obviously haven't seen your cervix  or have the qualifications to judge.

I can only say there are other reasons for a lumpy, irregular cervix, it could be scarring, infection, polyps. But you can't safely assume you have any of these. You need to have the investigations. Hopefully they will put your mind at rest. If they do show cancer then you will soon commence treatment and it's highly likely it's caught early so your chances are excellent.

Karen 

Thanks for the reply. I’m at colposcopy tomorrow so I guess we shall see. Thank u xx

Oh the very best of luck with that. You will feel tons better once you know. Keep us posted.

Karen 

My daughter has the exact same thing, booking her coloscopy Monday (it’s now Friday) what were the results of yours?

My daughter has the exact same thing, booking her coloscopy Monday (it’s now Friday) what were the results of yours?

Mine was fine, they took a biopsy and everything came back normal this time thankfully. The consultant said the bumpy tissue is very common in patients that have had a previous colposcopy, and is a form of scar tissue. Hope your daughters okay x