Low grade changes? Waiting for results

Hi,

I had colposcopy a week ago after receiving an abnormal smear result (low grade dyskariosis with high risk HPV). The consultant said it looked like a very small area of mild changes and took two biopsies. He said it definitely wasn’t cancer and that he’ll write with the results in 4-6 weeks.

I also had a CT scan on Monday as I’ve been having a lot of health issues. My digestion isn’t working properly, I’ve lost weight to the point where my BMI would classify me as anorexic, get tired very easily. I was reassured by what they saw at colposcopy (I’ve also had a hysteroscopy which all looked normal) but I have a niggling fear that I do have cervical cancer, that it’s spread and that’s what’s causing my other symptoms. I’ve had pain in my hips and lower back for months.

I’ve already had endoscopy and colonoscopy to look my digestion issues, which were also clear. So I suppose the CT scan is going to give me an answer finally but I’m very frightened. I don’t know when or how I’ll get the results of that.

Surely no one is told they have mild cell changes at colposcopy which turn out to be invasive, advanced cancer?!

Hey Amy, spoke to you on my post so came to read yours. Don't panic, as far as I know CIN3 which I have is the last stage before cancer so that's when they do a biopsy etc, they would have done this if they thought there was any chance you could have it. I hope you get to the bottom of your problems with your pain and weight etc though. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries but now I think that was wrong, it was diagnosed after I bled for 3 months straight and now I'm worried it could be a sign of cancer. I just can't stop thinking about it, it's so frustrating having to wait so long. I wonder what the actual process is to take that long! 

Hope the CT scan etc can get to the bottom of your problems and it's nothing serious, I know what its like thinking symptoms could be CC but, try not to worry and take your mind off it :) xxx

1 Like