Loop cone biopsy tommorow!!

Hi, just feel like sharing my story. Friends around me doesnt really undrstand what I am going through and I am finding it pointless to talk to them about that. Only womans like us who having same experience can really understand each other thats why I turn to this web site. I am having my appoitment coming tommorow for Loop cone biopsy under LA. I did not have biopsy taken before, just colposcopy which show - small area consistent with CIN2. Hope thats going to be it and they wont find anything worse after my treatment.

II was scared like hell when I first received my smear test result stating  HIGH GRADE DYSKARYOSIS. That time I didnt know it was moderate changes (which obvieusly calm me down a lot).I think the way of giving results should be more specified, I went through unnecessery trauma waiting until colposcopy appoitment to be informed it s not cancer but small area with moderate changes.

I understand every case is diffrent but I know as well in many cases lot of womans are put through unnecesarry stress.And we know how bad impact it has on our general health.Since my smear results I started to suffer panic attacks. My smear had been done 2 months ago, I refused my treatment at first becouse of lack of information. I wasnt enough convinced that I need it. Well, to be honest I am still not 100% convinced. As I said I did not have biopsy done (on my request) so just wondering how they coud confirm its CIN2? What if its CIN1 which doesnt require treatment?  Just wondering....

Anyway... I was so nervous before my colposcopy that I have almost vomited on nurse. After all I was so relieved and happy. It was so quick and absolutely painless.

But now - coming to my treatment (which is tommorow) I first panic a lot, cry a lot, imaging needle going into my cervix make me sick, imaging myself fainting and all that. So that was at first few weeks going through my mind. Now I am 24 hour away from my treatment and... I was expecting it to be culmination of my anxiety but instead I am feeling so relaxed and happy and actually cant wait to have it done !! Am I gone mad already ?? ;))  I think I kind of accept thae fact that I must have it done.  Reading this forum helps me a lot as well.

I want to give advice to everyone - calm down and relax. You cant tell me - "Its easy for you to say, u dont understand what we going throug" as I understan very well, I am one of you girls. Keep your chin up.All will be fine ! Be happy and feel blessed that we were given opportunity to find out and to get treatments early.

I dont know what my results will show but I am staying very positive and I will keep you updated . Hugs and kisses to you all !!!

Hi

Please don't worry about the Lletz treatment.  I had it done under local exactley one week ago today and it was absolutely fine - honestly.  I felt the injection but not as bad as one at the dentist and VERY quick, after that all I felt was a bit of heat and some pushing which lasted maximum of 5 mins.  I had minimal cramping that day and so far have not bled.  I know that I may still have the bleeding to come and/or I am lucky, and everyone is different and has a different experience, but really it was fine.

The worst bit I am finding is now waiting for the results as I had a small area of CIN3 and know from reading on here that they can find cancer in the bit they remove, so actually this waiting afterwards is the first bit so far (don't want to scare you about that though!)

Hope your treatment goes well and you have a good recovery

xx

So sorry i didnt mean to send that message a million times. it wont let me delete them for some reason but you might be able to delete them from your end :)

Hi there, glad to hear your feeling a bit more positive. I think we're very lucky to have a system that finds these things before they become a problem and although the waiting and anxiety is hard, it's much better than not knowing and things getting worse. They would be able to see that it was likely cin2 because of the size of the area covered by abnormal cells. This is what the biopsy would have confirmed if you had had it. They wouldn't offer treatment if they thought it unnecessary so they are just trying to protect you from anything getting worse and therefore more complicated. I'm really glad to hear that you've agreed to have the treatment. Let us know how you get on with the results. All the best and good luck xxx

Hi there, glad to hear your feeling a bit more positive. I think we're very lucky to have a system that finds these things before they become a problem and although the waiting and anxiety is hard, it's much better than not knowing and things getting worse. They would be able to see that it was likely cin2 because of the size of the area covered by abnormal cells. This is what the biopsy would have confirmed if you had had it. They wouldn't offer treatment if they thought it unnecessary so they are just trying to protect you from anything getting worse and therefore more complicated. I'm really glad to hear that you've agreed to have the treatment. Let us know how you get on with the results. All the best and good luck xxx

Hi there I had high grade smear test had clop biology and LLETZ 2 weeks to day I did not feel a thing I had a bit of belly pain that day about 4 days later has a bad smell so went docs had an infection put me on antibotics all gone now still have a bit red discharge now but other then that all been gd phoned hospital yesterday as could not wait any longer there where back and it was defo sin3 no cancer got to go back in 6m clop .. Hope all goes well hun fingers and toes crossed for u it will b fine xx