Looking For Someone to calm the crazy* Longer post than intended*

Hello 

I am not sure this is the right place to post this, let me know if not and i will be happy to move it Kiss

Just a breif history, I have recently had an operation to remove lots of polyps from my womb (this came back as Simple Hyperplasia) and at the time the consultant did my smear.  This was late, probably by about 8 months to a year late, i moved alot so it is confusing.  Anyway, back on track - 

So the results from my smear came back as CGIN and neumerous cell type changes. I have private healthcare through work and was able to see the report that the consultant had received and the word URGENT was all over that and the letter attached refering me to Gyne Oncologist for a Colposcopy.  I paniced but calmed down some because she had just been *in there* to remove the polyps.  Clearly she ould have seen it?? 

So i have the coploscopy on Tuesday, with a lovely consultant, I think at the chat before he thought the smear could be a little off with the results given and said sometimes they find nothing and ask the lab to take a closer look.  I felt at ease and away we went.  He then spent alot of time and took 3 samples, each time saying he didnt have enough. I have researched the big screen and what it all looks like but i didnt have that, he then said to pop back in for a chat.

When i went backin he said he had had difficulty seeing the edges and I need to go in for a GA for a larger biopsy to be taken and so he can have a better look.  But first i need to go back next Thursday (he is away) to get these results. He said there was no obvious signs of c and i felt releived.  

My question after all of that is, should i be less worried now? If anything i am more worried because he obviously found stuff! But everyone i speak to is like 'oh thats great bet you are really happy!' Am i being crazy? Could CC be diagnosed at this point? 

We discussed my other results from my womb and the fact that the CGIN can be harder to keep an eye on and he mentioned things like if i had completed my family and at what point it becomes to risky to just keep checking and mentioned Hysterectomy. 

I am a worrier but i feel there is a reason to worry.  But everyone around me seems to think it is all over and fine now.

Please be really honest with me & thank you so much for having this site and allowing worried people tojust get it out!! 

Lots of love 

I have been offered a hysterectomy because I have horrible periods and have had previous CIN3 treated with Lletz. I will have to decide once my biopsy results come in.

I do understand your worry and just wanted to say that your consultant will have been very thorough and that cc is very slow growing and very treatabl. Just take it a step at a time. You aren't craz. It is ok to worry and completely norma. just keep posting here x

I have been offered a hysterectomy because I have horrible periods and have had previous CIN3 treated with Lletz. I will have to decide once my biopsy results come in.

I do understand your worry and just wanted to say that your consultant will have been very thorough and that cc is very slow growing and very treatabl. Just take it a step at a time. You aren't craz. It is ok to worry and completely norma. just keep posting here x