Long biopsy wait - worried about results!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum so apologies for the essay. I am just looking for some support please and just advice from others that may be in the same position or can relate in someway?

I had a baby 8 months ago and since then had a constant discharge. I went back and forth to my GP who kept thinking I was crazy, until I insisted on a gynae referral. Once referred, the Doctor confirmed I had cervical erosion but I had to be checked for cervical cancer too before any erosion treatment.

I have had a negative smear but also was referred for a biopsy as a precaution before erosion treatment. It has now been 6 weeks since I had a biopsy and I am worried sick. I chased the hospital today and they said they had my results but were not allowed to disclose (the person was not a clinician?) and the Gynae would write to me with them within the next 2 weeks. Does this not seem a long wait? Has anyone else had to wait this long? 

I am so worried as not been in this position before and also now being a new Mum now. I am scared it is something more sinister.

Sorry for the rambling and thank you for taking the time to read x