Local support

Hi I have just finished treatment this week & have been left feeling a little bewildered and anxious about the future.

I have a supportive group of friends but I miss the ad hoc support that you get from other people you meet during the course of treatment. Unfortunately there isn't a support group in Birmingham. Any suggestions?  

Thank you 

Hi Birmingham 

it does go very quiet after treatment finishes. A bit of time to relax and recuperate. 

I wish there was a jos meet in the midlands. Maybe if there are a few of us we could get something started. anyone interested..?..

helen..

I know I should be relaxing etc but intrusive thoughts keep popping in my head!

Everone around me are celebrating my end of treatment but I think the treatment gave me something to focus on, a distraction & there was lots of support around .

Perhaps a West Mids met up may be more viable if not many Brummies on here?

Hi Birmingham well lets see if anyone else is intersted in this.

Take care..

Hi Birmingham :-)

I know exactly what you mean. There is something really rather wonderful about all the people at the hospital and after a course of treatment they have become part of your life and part of your routine. I'm stunned to hear that there isn't a support group close to Birmingham! I've heard heaps of women saying they're from Coventry. Definitely start one. 

Be lucky

Tivoli

Hi Birmingham

I'm from Coventry and am interested - think its a great idea!

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Hi Everyone

Just to let you know that we're about to launch a support group near Birmingham very soon. Our support group leader is based in Walsall and is looking to launch a West Mids group. She's just on the hunt for a venue where you can all meet. You just need to check our support group pages for when it launches. http://www.jostrust.org.uk/support/support-groups

Thanks
Rebecca Smile

Great news 

That's great..

Hi I'm in worcestershire and would love something in the area too! Could do Brum!

Molly xx

Hi all

Any news on the West Midlands group? I have tried to register my interest on the website but it keeps crashing. I also sent an email but it has bounced back.

Thanks, Louise

Hi Louise,

Our West Midlands group has officially been launched. I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with the form, but I can confirm that we did recieve your registration this afternoon and it has been forwarded on to our support group leader Linda, who will be in touch with you soon.

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

Very best wishes

Fran 

West Midlands group starting soon.

contact Linda if you are interested:

joswestmidgroup@gmail.com

Louise