LLETZ under GA

Hello lovely ladies... 

I am booked in for my LLETZ under GA tomorrow and my anxiety is going through the roof... Did any of you ladies have it done under GA and how long did you wait for results...?? 

Hope long are you out for and how long does the procedure take.? Did you go home on the same day..?? 

Also if it's cancer how do they inform you...?? I am petrified as I have so many symptoms...

Please can you share your experience with me.

Thank you, Bekah.

Hi hun. I didn't have mine under GA. I had Lletz and biopsy done and then waited 4 weeks for my results. Different areas have different waiting times. The average is 6 -8 weeks I think. I got a letter inviting me in to discuss my results and I was told in the clinic. The waiting is the hardest bit. Try not to stress out about it and stay away from Google!

Hi hun. I didn't have mine under GA. I had Lletz and biopsy done and then waited 4 weeks for my results. Different areas have different waiting times. The average is 6 -8 weeks I think. I got a letter inviting me in to discuss my results and I was told in the clinic. The waiting is the hardest bit. Try not to stress out about it and stay away from Google!

Thanks for your reply Kazza,

I am actually going out of my mind as I am also awaiting an MRI to see if the lumps in my Throat are cancerous too... I have never felt so scared in all my life... 

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis... Have you had any scans yet to confirm staging..?? 

Did you have any symptom..?? 

Bekah xxx

Bekah,

I've just posted on your previous thred. A LLETZ is honestly a quick and simple procedure. I had a local and sat there chatting to the nurses whilst he did it! The procedure was absolutely fine, it was the bleeding for a few weeks after that was an annoyance. I did pass a large clot and bled a lot in one go a good few weeks afterwards, and a few times it felt uncomfortable where I was healing. Of course I imagined it to be this big horrible tumour down there... which it wasn't!

So, be brave! The doctors will do the hard stuff, you just need to turn up! You will be absolutely fine. 

XXXXX

Hi hun I waited 2 weeks in total to be staged. Had MRI and EUA. Was staged at 2b. Normal treatment for 2b is chemo/rad but due to other complications my surgeon has done a radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal. I had the operation on Tuesday! Still in hospital but should be going home later today. I had no symptoms as such but all my smears have come back abnormal all of my life. I'm 43! Good luck with your diagnosis. The waiting is indeed the hard bit.