lletz under ga tomoz

All the best of luck for your lletz tomorrow, Lesley.  I'm having mine under GA on Wednesday.  Will be thinking of you. x

Hi hun how u feeling about been put under x

Hi Lesley,

thanks for asking. I am actually quite relieved I can have the LLETZ done under GA as my colposcopy was quite a bad experience and I am happy I don't have to witness the procedure. I've talked to my mum who had a minor breast surgery under local a few years ago and she said if she'd have to do anything similar, she'd definitely pick GA. I am a bit of an anxious person, and if you are too, I think the GA option is probably best. I'll be thinking of you today. Please let me know how it's going for you! xx

Hi Lesley, how did it go honey? xx

Ga was gd but they couldnt do lletz due to my cervix and vagina walls been awkward there having a meeting next week a hysterectomy was mentioned but think thats abit harsh surely theres something before that xx

Hi Lesley

I suggest waiting for the outcome of an MDT meeting, which your docs will probably have to discuss your case. Hysterectomy sounds harsh indeed particularly if you still want to have children. Instead, a trachelectomy might be an option. I'm not an expert, but if you had the choice the latter one might be preferred as it is a smaller procedure. But really it all depends what your docs find. A second opinion may help you out. Hope all goes well.x 

Hi Lesley,

I'm so sorry to hear that after the anxiety about the GA they weren't able to do the LLETZ. If I were you, I'd be asking for some clarity on what exactly they mean when they say the vaginal walls were being awkward and not being able to get to the cervix. Do they mean they had problems keeping the speculum in? If so, that's probably down to them rather that you. Your body will have been relaxed as you were under GA, but some people are more skilled at colposcopy than others. (I had an awful experience once during a colposcopy where the speculum kept slipping out, but the person wasn't very competant.) What do they mean about the cervix? Are they saying that they couldn't reach all the areas with LLETZ? If this is the case there are other options. For example, I had LLETZ but also had to have some areas lasered too due to where they were on my cervix. The doctor (who is very experienced) said they couldn't reach it all with LLETZ. (This may not be the case with you at all, Im not trying to worry you, just sharing to show how sometimes there can other ways for them to do treatment.)

So - perhaps seek further explanation and also see what they say at the MDT meeting. If you felt confident enough you could ask how experienced the person is who did yours. Hysterectomy does sound pretty drastic, it's very unusual for them to not be able to do a LLETZ. Also please remember you have the right to ask for a second opinion, and your GP can arrange this for you.

Take care and all the best x