Lletz treatment recovery time

I’ve got potential Lletz treatment appointment booked in for 30th November. I was wondering how long people felt they needed to recover after? I’m going to have the day off work but I was thinking I might book a day or 2 off after as well for recovery. Or at least working from home. How has everyone else felt after?

Hello if you have the possibility to work from home I would definitely take it, the less you move around the first days the faster you will gain your strength back this is my advice I had treatment Lletz and definitely staying at home for the first days is the best option.
Surgery was absolutely painless for me but I felt very tired for about 5 days no energy at all .
Took some Iboprofen for the period like feeling that I had and that helped.
They say you can go to work next day but there is no way I could off done it ,I was 42 at the time maybe younger people feel stronger faster. Take care

3 Likes

I’d suggest work from home for the week if you can. I had LLETZ almost a week ago - and I have deliberately taken it easy because I want to heal quickly and well, and avoid infection. I’ve felt fine for most of the time - funny twinges the last couple of days but I’m hoping this is just the healing process. The LLETZ procedure wasn’t painful and I barely had any pain afterwards but … remember you have had surgery and just because you can’t feel any actual pain doesn’t mean you should get on as normal. Be kind to yourself!

3 Likes

Hello!
I dont know if i was an anomaly but i was in a fair bitnof pain for about 3/4 days afterwards. I was taking pain pills, paracetamol and ibuprofen pretty much constantly. I would advise taking the next 2 days off and then maybe working from home if you can until you feel up to it. The worse thing you can do is push yourself too quickly, i was exhausted for days!!
Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i was pretty lucky and only had 2-3 days of pain. but full on flooding 2 weeks after the treatment, and continuous heavy bleeding for a further 4 weeks. if you are planning a flight/ trip abroad 4 weeks after treatment your health insurance may not cover you! ypu can delay your treatment til you return!

1 Like

Hey!

I had mine done under general around a month ago so took a week off after to recover. I work in hospitality so found the bleeding and discharge a bit uncomfortable whilst doing long shifts on my feet a few weeks later. I didn’t have much pain or anything after tho just grogginess from the general xx

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone for sharing your experience. I’m taking the Thursday and Friday off from work as leave then working from home for a week, with the option of a second week if I need it. It’s frustrating that guidance says you can work the next day, as clearly most people can’t! Xx

1 Like

Take the next day off or work from home if you can. I felt fine really after mine, i rested the day i had it and went into work the next day thinking i was all good. However when walking around the building I went quite dizzy and felt faint. I think it was probably more to do with the biopsy than lletz, but could have been a mixture of both. So yes, do that if you can but don’t worry about feeling that you’re feel sore or unwell, as on the most part I felt fine. xx