lletz tomorrow

Hello all Laughing

Thank goodness I discovered this website. Finally some explanation as to what is going on as I feel like I have been left in the dark for the last 5 weeks.

I had a colposcopy on 14 May and my biopsy came back to show high grade cgin. Had a pre op last Friday and am due to have the lletz procedure tomorrow which is quite scary.

Im 28 years old and do not have any children. Just wondered if any other ladies had been in a similar situation and any reassurances anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Elle

Hi Elle,

I had the Lletz procedure in April. like you i was very scared after getting my smear results letter it was high grade dyskaryosis.

I had my colposcopy and Lletz the same day and it really wasn't bad at all. It took about 10 minutes the Dr numbed my cervix with Local anesthetic and i didn't feel a thing! The nurses were all lovely they even made me a cup of tea afterwards and asked me if i had any questions or anything i was worried about. I got my results about 4 weeks later and just have to go for a follow up smear 6 months after at my GP surgery.

It really is nothing to worry about and will be over before you know it xx

Hi Elle

Before my Lletz appointment I had got into a right state, a complete bag of nerves, however, I neednt of as the Nurses were lovely, really put my mind at rest and made me feel relaxed.

Personally I found the procedure absolutely ok too!

As Simone says it will be over before you know it, Best Wishes xx

Hi,

This is my first post on here and the discussions have been very helpful in the past. I am also going for treatment tomorrow, I have had LLETZ done before so I know what to expect but still nervous.  Unfortunately the abnormal cells came back after my first treatment last year.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow Elle.

Thanks xx

Thank you so much for your comments really reassured me. The procedure went well and just awaiting my results now xx