LLETZ/Symptoms

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, hopefully I have done it correctly.

I feel like a bit of an imposter because I dont have cervical cancer, but I do have CIN. Heres my story, and hopefully someone can put my mind at ease.

Since 2019, my smear tests have came back positive for HPV. I have had 3 during this time. My latest smear in March 2023 showed borderline cell changes and I was referred for a colposcopy. Due to the waitlist with NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde, I didn’t get this till November. Initially the lady Dr carrying out the colposcopy told me not to worry, and that it was borderline changes, but when she looked inside, she said the changes are higher in grade than my smear results suggested. She took 3 biopsies and the results are “CIN. Treatment required”. I don’t know if it’s CIN 2 or 3.

I go for the lletz procedure in 3 weeks, but recently I’ve been having thrush like symptoms (no amount of oral, vaginal, cream medication is clearing it), I’ve had major changes in my discharge ranging from clear, to white to bloody. I’ve also been suffering from vaginal dryness and painful sex. I’ve felt a burning/itching which made me think its thrush, but given no medicine is clearing it, I don’t know. I had some further swabs taken from my practice nurse the other day and will await the results, but I’m feeling really worried that these symptoms are something more sinister. In addition to this, my energy levels have plummeted and I am alot more tired than usual.

I’m sure it’s just a nasty bout of thrush, but I wondered if anyone has experienced similar.

Take care everyone.
J, 28 x