Lletz results update

Hiya,

After a horrendous 2 week wait I had my lletz results back - turns out the lletz showed CIN 1 and all was successfully removed (with clear margins), so I'm back in 6 months for a check-up smear. As you can probably imagine I am elated, haven't stopped beaming since finding out. I had two biopsies which were 'inconclusive' and my smear showed moderate changes (along with HPV 16) which is why my gyno went ahead with the lletz, as he thought there was CIN 2 there. Delighted to discover it was 'only' CIN 1 and that it's all been removed. For anyone waiting for lletz results, there are positive outcomes so do try not to focus on negative outcomes nor worry too much (easier said than done I know!!) The wait is awful, was such a stressful time and I kept convincing myself it was going to be a worse outcome than it was. Good luck to all you lovely ladies xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
July 2015 - Lletz results showed CIN 1, removed with clear margins. Check-up smear in 6 months. 

Oh I'm so pleased for you! I know how nervous you were it must be nice to finally know :). Good for you and thank you for sharing a positive story. All the best. Big hugs xxx

Thank you Jojo! Feeling really lucky and fortunate right now. I really hope everything goes well for you - I just noticed it was your cone biopsy today, hope it went okay? Much love and best of luck xXx

Thank you for posting this - I had LLETZ on Monday and now have the nervous, worrying wait,

Always helps to read some good news : )

Sarah x 

It is a horrid wait! And I kept focusing on the negative / worst case scenario and got myself into such a state, I kept crying, couldn't focus on anything, was terrified and all over the place. And it's turned out to be 'only' CIN 1, which usually wouldn't even require treatment. So it's definitely possible to have good results and for everything to be okay - I wish I'd read of more positive stories when I was anxiously waiting, as it would have given me more 'hope' when I was feeling negative. Best of luck to you! xXx

Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
July 2015 - Lletz results showed CIN 1, removed with clear margins. Check-up smear in 6 months. 

Yes I've been so well looked after and somehow I hardly got nervous. I was first on the list so I hardly had any waiting around. They're keeping me overnight so I'm actually still there now but I'm not in any pain at all at the moment so very happy, I might even get some sleep! Xxx

Just seen this and so happy for you! It's so crappy going through this and i hope you're feeling ok and that bubba is on the horizon!! Xxx

@Jojo glad it went well! I really admire your attitude to the whole situation, you're always so positive which is great :) I see your results are due for the end of the month, wishing you the best of luck that it's all been treated (if I understand the procedure correctly I think that's the process.) 

@Kh27 thank you!! So happy and relieved. All I can think about is babies (I'm a little obsessed) - the 4 month wait before we start trying is sooo hard :)

xXx

Thank you :D. Don't be fooled, I've had my moments! At the risk of getting soppy I wouldn't be coping anywhere as well if it wasn't for you ladies. Most of my fears and anxieties were reassured by other people on this forum before I even had time to realise them myself. I'm also very fortunate that my boyfriend has been my rock, he is such a star! I'm sure the next 4 months will fly by and you'll be making babies in no time! Eek, exciting, good luck :) xxx

So pleased for you! Hope my inconclusive biopsy result turns out good news like yours - waiting on a repeat biopsy in 3 months at the moment, which seems like it will take forever to pass.