Lletz procedure and unsure of follow up letter?

Hi ladies,
I had my 1st smear that come back high grade severe. I was refered to colposcopy where they carried out lletz procedure on the day. I wasn’t really told much else other than I will receive me results in the post. However today i have had a letter of my gp explaining what happened and its states that they removed area of my right side cervix and in interior lip as believed to be high grade CIN. I knew nothing about this? Now I’m thinking that means something’s spread to another area? Does anybody have any information or received this before? I’m so worried about what might happen and this letter has made it 10% worst. I’m 24 and this was my 1st smear. How long do you often wait for results after lletz? All information is most grateful.

Paige xx

Hi,

I am 27 and received a bad smear (high grade/ severe) result in September following my 1st smear test. I was booked in for a Colposcopy a couple of weeks later in which a LLETZ procedure was done, again like you mention the info given at the procedure was very lacking and vague and to just wait for your results in the post.

After re-locating out of the area and chasing over 2-3 weeks over the 6 weeks the letter was due I have since been told that the cells removed were CIN1, CIN2 and CIN3 and the margins were clear, but again doesn't make alot of sense as I'm not gyno trained? I have to go for a 6 month Colposcopy due at the end of this month (March) and I'm worried as to what they might find following this - i'll be honest google has not helped matters. In addition I have been on the pill without a real break for 10 years and it is only through all this I have decided to come off it. I had to finish a course/sheet of the pill after the LLETZ understandable, following in which I had a period but since then nothing, not anything since? Is this normal?

I am also concerned as I have had a constant aching pain in my lower back for as long as I can remember, you get to a point where you are so fearful of going back and what they find that literally every niggle or pain becomes a massive worry. I have addressed the issues with my new doctor I am still not having periods after stopping the pill after LLETZ and she has said she wouldn't be concerned until it was at least 6months without one.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Hi LF89,

Your story mirrors mine to a tee. Unfortunately I can't shine a lot of light on it, as I'm wondering all of the same questions.

Can I ask why you decided to come off the pill particularly after this? I'm still on mine (where I don't have periods) and have been for 7 years now. I used to get terrible cramps and headaches, which is why I went on it in the first place, so I'm not keen on bringing those back without good reason.

I had LLETZ a month ago and haven't yet received a letter but I know it's too soon to fully panic about the delay. I'm experiencing more pain now than I was  even after the procedure, so that's alarming, but no use in worrying any sooner than I have to!

I hope everything works out for you. Please keep me updated on your story.