LLETZ no.2 — DONE

Well ladies, I did it. After a cancellation last week due to a (+) Covid test, my doctor squeezed me in today and - amazingly - without too much discomfort, he successfully performed/I endured the LLETZ under local only!! Originally I was going to do it under general. But as I mentioned in an earlier post, I was screaming to get it over and done with — ASAP. I’m amazed: this time was actually less uncomfortable than the first.

And now the wait. His (doc’s) observations: it was mucous-y and there was some necrosis (!!!) which he said could be due to an infection, but could also be (a small??!!) cancer. He didn’t know, couldn’t say (of course). So once again I am trying to fight off the feelings of fear and anxiety. His only consolation (??) was that in his experience, a cancer indicator would be a lot more bleeding than what he saw; and the sample excised was surrounded by some healthy cells.

I dunno. Am grateful to be able to write all this here in a safe space as I am actually a wreck inside. Am relieved to have gotten it done. Am trying to be brave for…life. Thank you for listening. Xx Ana

2 Likes

Well done AnaM! You star! Only people who are afraid are truly brave - and you were. You’ve faced your fears and been treated. Actually it sounds pretty good news, in that there was an area of concern surrounded by healthy tissue (the important thing) so he was able to remove everything that looked ‘suspicious’. Only the biopsy will be able to say what it was. The important thing is that it’s done, and we hope your recovery is quick and the results back as soon as possible. X

2 Likes

Thank you so much Jacks. I really, truly appreciate your kindness.

I AM scared. This much I know, but I did the thing and now I just have to live my life.

But I will always hate that this has to happen to any of us. XX

1 Like

Hey … none of anything like this is easy . I had LLETZ before … awake and it was most uncomfortable. Well done to you . Try not to think too far ahead … take it day by day xxx remember to be kind to yourself :heart:

2 Likes