Lletz I feel disgusting

It’s 11 days since my lletz. I had a little bleeding after, then really watery and what felt like loads of discharge, which smelt a bit but I rang the women’s unit and they said they thought what I was discribing was a normal smell rather than an infection. To be fair the smell has lessened in the last couple of days. But now on day 11 blood again, I have continually had slightly bloody discharge (since the lletz) but this is more like pure blood. It just feels never ending and I’m only 11 days in. Would usually use exercise to distract myself/make me feel good, but can not do that. I feel like I’m leaking rancid liquid, I’m getting fat and lazy due to not being able to exercise, I’m also exhausted. I’m not necessarily asking for advice, just needed to get that off my chest. Hopefully just writing about it helps. I’ve read a lot of the forum posts on here, some have made me feel better… And some have made me feel worst, but I am so grateful it exists.

5 Likes

I’m sorry you aren’t feeling so great. Ive only had my colposcopy today so I don’t have any advice or input in regards to the lletz treatment, but I know its likely I will need one as well. Like you, I have read on this forum so often in the hopes of being better prepared for things. And I agree, loads of posts made me feel better while some others made me feel more scared. From what I have seen on the forum in regards to Lletz, what you describe seems to be what mostly everyone else has experienced and posted about. And sometimes simply being able to post and share similar experiences with others does help to feel better. Venting is important, in my opinion.

I hope you start to feel better soon and have a good recovery. Im sure other ladies will be around here soon to offer their sound advice and experiences :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Ellen

I know exactly how you feel, I’m nearly 5 weeks post LLEZ and just starting to feel normal again, not blood or discharge for nearly a week, planning on hitting the gym next week and trying to get back to normal. Bleeding around day 10/11 is totally normal, its the scab coming off, and essentially the wound re-opening, it will heal.
I hated the whole healing process, and too felt disgusting, I promise, it gets better… there is light at the end of the tunnel! Hang in there.

Sending love xxx

3 Likes

Hi
I had LLETZ 3.5weeks ago now and have felt awful the whole time since. So it’s just to say that it seems that this is pretty normal. Hope you start to feel better soon x

2 Likes

Hello.
I’m eight days post-LLETZ and thank you for your post.
I haven’t had bleeding (yet) but am also experiencing the discharge, odour and tiredness. It’s debilitating, physically and mentally.
I’m trying to think of this as my body repairing itself on overdrive and battling like mad. I’ve stocked up on incontinence pants and am taking one hour at a time. I’m in tears regularly.
Writing about this does help and keep reminding yourself just how fab you are.
Take care.

4 Likes

Hey, I’m 11 days post Lletz too, mine was under a GA as they also did a hysteroscopy to take an endometrial sample too. I also feel exhausted, kids haven’t been well this week either so I don’t know if it’s a combination of things but I just feel so tired. I’m still bleeding although I think my period possibly came early too. I’ve also been feeling very hot, especially at night, it’s almost like menopausal hot flushes. x

1 Like

Hi I know what you mean by feeling that way I do too had my second lletz 14/8 and I started bleeding few day after the had a black gritty discharge the last few days it smelt like metal burning disgusting it is was cleaning myself every pad change.
Metal smell is less today but black discharge still happening with few clots
Think it’s because I had 3 burst blood vessels they had to quaterise to stop bleeding.
Last time I bleed for about 4 weeks guessing it might be like that again then I can feel normal hopefully.

1 Like

Thank you for posting. You really aren’t told what’s in front of you after this. I feel the same utterly minging weak and sore and tearful . I’m 8 days after. Hope we are all better soon. The first 3 days felt unexplainable the horrible feeling I had inside my body. Could only sleep to escape it. Om glad we have the treatment but it’s a horrible feeling

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon. I felt “back to normal” at around 5 weeks. Try to relax and treat yourself, it won’t last forever x

2 Likes

Thank you Ellen. This really helps :heart:

1 Like

Hi! I know how rough it is, I’ll be at 4 weeks this Thursday and I’m here to say it does get better :slight_smile: only having very minor discharge at this point. Hang in there, you’re strong and you’ve got this!

2 Likes

I’m at ten days and weaker than ever I’ve been literally in my bed most days after jist walking ot the shop. Or having a shower. Is this normal as doesn’t seem to be in other peopels posts. Just weak and tired and noticeably so my strength has gone in my arms and legs . I can do laundry and stuff but sitting in McDonald’s this morning 8 felt weak and floaty and after the shop for milk I’ve been in bed

1 Like

At 10 days I still felt pretty drained and tired. Also emotional. Looking back I wonder if the lack of energy I felt was caused by emotional distress after having been through a lot possibly? I’m not sure. But I do know that LEEP/LLETZ procedures are sort of down played in my opinion- I think tons of others here would agree. It can be rough physically and then add on top of that the emotional and mental stress of it all, it can be a lot. It does get better as time goes on though.

4 Likes

Hello, I had my Lletz treatment on Tuesday, so can definitely concur with all of your comments. The information I received indicated that after 24 hours rest it would be fine to return to work. I’m sure for some ladies, this may be the case, but it certainly wasn’t the case for me.

3 Likes

I’m so glad to have come across this post! I had my LLETZ on Thursday and the nurses said I would feel slight period pain for 24-48 hours and have some bleeding. I haven’t had any bleeding (yet) just discharge, a hideous metallic smell and almost a pulled muscle type pain in my stomach and lower back… but I also feel exhausted, i was starting to worry as its not listed as normal post treatment symptoms, but this post has reassured me that I am not the only one feeling these things. Thank you ladies xxx hope you are all ok xxx

2 Likes

I had LLETZ on 14th of this month, for the remainder of that day I bled quite heavy, following day less so but still quite crampy. Today it is much less and more like the watery discharge they speak of. No pain today. I know everyone is different. Us women don’t have it easy!

Hello and hope all you amazing ladies are feeling much better.
Thank you all for posting because this site is an invaluable resource.
I’m now a few months post-LLETZ and my periods have suddenly stopped… just as the incontinence has started! Not just a few sneeze/ cough drops, either.
A gynae appointment is due so I’m going to discuss this. Maybe it’s just me.
Sending positive thoughts to you all and take care.

Hope you appointment goes well. My periods have been odd since my lletz, Ive had really early ones, really late ones and I just finished a 9 day one. Could be related… Could be something else. Make sure your Dr takes you seriously and try to stay calm, what will be will be!

1 Like

Hello Ellen21 and thank you for such a positive and upbeat message!
Not had my gynae appointment yet but I have made tentative contact with a consultant gynae in north east London who has great interests in periods and lletz connections…
Anything I can glean will be shared as so many of us are in the same position.
If advice revolves around giving up wine and gin, I’m stuffed!
Wishing you the best of everything and THANK YOU.

2 Likes