Lletz complication

I’ve been lurking reading this forum for a while now, and I was so happy to read everyone’s positive stories of their lletz procedures.

I had mine done on the 17th, and it was all fine, I remember thinking it really wasn’t bad at all. Without going into too much detail about my panic attack or the pain, the doctor accidentally touched my vaginal wall with the electrical loop, which of course wasn’t numb.

I’ve tried to see if anyone else had this experience but luckily I’ve not found much. What I wanted to ask is that is this a common occurrence? Is this an expected mistake to make? I am not angry at the hospital, mistakes happen, and I’m really quite laid back about all things medical. Which is annoying as I would have strutted out that room thinking the lletz wasn’t that bad at all haha. But I am now scared I’ll never be able to go for another lletz again as I’ll be petrified of feeling it or being in that much pain.

Has this happened to anyone else? I feel so mentally exhausted from the shock of it all, it was so traumatic.

I can’t imagine the pain of that! I don’t know I think that sounds very very rare as they use the speculum and that is plastic so it sounds confusing as to how that could actually happen.

Did they apologise profusely and is everything ok with where it touched?