LLETZ and wait time to TTC

Hi,

Me and my partner were due to start trying to conceive when I received the results from my smear saying it was abnormal. After a colposcopy and biopsies it confirmed I have CIN 3 and am due to have the LLETZ procedure in a few weeks. I was just wondering how long after this you have to wait until you can TTC again? I'm devastated as in some places ive read that they recommend you wait up to 6 months but I've also seen people saying it's safe to start again after 6 weeks? 
Any help would be appreciated to put my mind at ease 

thanks in advance 

Hi Megan,

I had the LLETZ done very recently and my consultant said that we can start trying to TTC as soon as we get the first clear result from the procedure, in case it needs to be repeated or if they find something else that wasn't detected at first. For us they said absolutely no need to wait for the test of cure (in 6 months) if everything seems well. The doctor said I had CIN1/CIN2 if that makes any difference. We're so eager to start as well! 

Hope this helps ?

Does anyone know how long the wait would be ttc through IVF/ ICSI? 

I'm having Lletz next week even though we was hoping to start IVF at the end of next month.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I had my 2nd lletz in January for cgin. Results were clear with no margins.
I had a follow up appointment at 6 weeks after the lletz just to check all healing was going well.
My ob/gyn said there was no need to wait as my results were clear and I could TTC immediately.
However I got the HPV vaccine after my 1st lletz in Dec and just had my 3rd dose 2 weeks ago, so I had to wait to finish this before TTC anyway.

Unfortunately, I cannot give any personal advice about IVF after lletz, what did you doctor say Bella?