Letter to GP - high grade pre cancerous post colposcopy

Hi I have posted before but can't find my post! I have just received a letter which was also sent to my gp explaining that my smear results showed atypical glandular cells so I was referred for colposcopy (the colposcopy was 2 weeks ago) The colposcopist has put on the letter that there was evidence of high grade pre cancerous changes and once the biopsy result is back she will write to my gp with the result and a follow up plan. I have been bleeding after inter course for over a year and I am on the pill (she also mentioned this in the letter)

I suffer extremely with anxiety and depression and after going on a jog/brisk walk in the countryside this morning in the sunshine and feeling sort of positive (which I haven't done for a while) this has totally knocked me back. 

With me having high grade pre cancerous cells on the examination and glandular cells I'm scared. Has anyone else had this? 

Many thanks 

Hi Bunny girl

Sorry to hear that you're feeling anxious - I am exactly the same, waiting for results is horrendous so its normal to worry. I haven't had the same results as you, mine have been somewhat inconsistent (you can see the list in my history below), but I hope that the biopsy results come back soon for you and that it's nothing bad. Any idea how long the results will be? Hope you're okay and not feeling to worried. I am finding this forum so helpful as something to focus on whilst I'm stressing! (It's almost 1am Saturday night and I'm transfixed to my screen!!) xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks

Hi Sophie,

Gosh you have been on a journey. Thank you for replying.

I had my gp ring me the next day to just explain further as I am confused whether the biopsy was taken from the glandular cells (which I didn't think they could do because of it being so high up?) 

Unfortunately she couldn't tell me but said not to worry as it's only pre cancerous changes and not cancer. Obviously still got to wait for Biopsy results and go through with the Lletz. I'm very nervous about the Lletz to be honest. I have seen that many women on here have had cancer diagnosed after Lletz removal results. 

I am also finding it helpful although my boyfriend/parents have told me it's not healthy as I will end up worrying more. 

Hope your results are nothing bad and you manage to get back on track. 

Hiya

I think the thing I find helpful on this forum is that I feel less alone - I don't know what I'd do without this place! Before I found it, all I was reading on Google was 'horror' stories, rather than all the successful ones. 
I have also noticed the fact that others have had cancer diagnosed after lletz, but I think statistically it is a low chance (perhaps people are more inclined to post at that stage rather than those who are given the all clear after lletz.) We need more positive stories!! I find that I spend most of the time focusing on the small chance of a negative outcome, rather than the huge chance that everything will be okay so I guess that's totally normal.
It's also important to remember that 'pre'-cancer is not actually cancer, it's just cells that could turn to cancer over time. Once the C word is involved it's hard to think of anything but that, but do try to stay positive (easier said than done I know!) and that these abnormal cells are highly treatable. Any idea when you'll get your biopsy results, lletz treatment? Good luck to both (and all!) of us xXx

Hi - I really agree with Sophie - whilst I have found this forum extremely helpful, I think there is as sense that a lot of CIN3 treatments find CC and this has really scared me.  However I do think that Sophie is correct in saying that the majority of people who get good and clear results after Lletz don't always post on here, so you get a slightly skewed impression of the chances of having a CC diagnosis - I might be wrong but this is what I am beginning to think.

So I promise to post on here when I get my results regardless of whether they are good or bad :-)

Good luck to us all - so far the waiting is the worst for sure

xxx

I meant to add that in "real life" I have met two people who have been treated for CIN3 in the last 5-10 years - one had the all clear and no abnormalities since (and went on to have 2 children) and the other had to have Lletz and then Cone biopsy but after that was OK.  No CC found for either.

I am aged 43 years and never had an abnormal result before - I also notice that a lot of you lovely ladies are in late 20's, and I worry as my age is the prime age for a CC diagnosis.....but I am standing by the statistics and doing my best not to worry too much

xxx

Hi Sophie and Kay.

I agree it is reassuring to see that everyone else is going through the same thing and feelings/emotions and that we need to hear all stories rather than just negative outcomes. 

I've had my biopsy result which is high grade CGIN. Lletz is scheduled with local anaesthetic next Thursday. I assumed with it being CGIN I would need general or even a cone biopsy but I understand Lletz is normally done and sometimes follow up treatment? 

I'm currently fighting a horrible stomach bug/flu and feel dreadful so thinking of the Lletz whilst like this is making me dread it even more. 

I hope your results come back soon and are normal with no further treatment.

Kay I understand you worrying but good that you are trying not too and that you know people who have been through similar experiences and results. I also know of people my age who have had Lletz but they never said what grade etc. I am 24 and this was my first smear so it's quite worrying. 

Thank you for both replying to me it means a lot xx

Hi all I had abnormal smear said sin 3 had a clop and biopsy they did LLETZ there and then had to wait 4 week for results but I could not wait so phoned them after 2 weeks and it was confirmed sin 3 not cancer have to go back in Jan for 6m check up .. I was the same most story's I read said sin3 results cc I had it my head I had it ... Good luck to all u lady it will b fine where in the best hands xx

Smear 2015 come back sin2-3

Clop ,biopsy and LLETZ 1/7/15

2weeks later results sin 3 no cc 

Back in 6m 

Hi all. Went for my Lletz today and on examination the doctor got another doctors 2nd opinion and they both said my CGIN is quite severe and deep/large (nearly touching my vaginal walls) so I'm booked in for urgent GA Lletz which is on 11th August.

I'm nervous but relieved I won't be awake for it.

The doctor and nurses were so friendly and nice my mum was shocked and also afterwards the doctor came to find me to hug me and wish me luck and that everything will be ok.

I hope everyone else's experiences at these appointments have been as nice and friendly as mine, really puts you at ease xx