Let the treatment commence!!

Not so good today. I can't face eating and I feel very weak. To the point i passed out in the shower this morning. Just laid in bed trying to rest. Will be asking for some different anti sickness tablets I think tomorrow xx

Hi hon. It's possible that it's your blood count making you feel so tired and weak. Would it be worth phoning your team today? You might need a blood transfusion sooner rather than later. I may be wrong though. 

I also had my chemo on a wed and Sunday was my worst day for tiredness.  The nurse said it was most likely the steroids wearing off. 

Rest as much as you can but if you get worse contact your team

Oh no, thats not good at all. I would def phone your team today re passing out....better safe than sorry.

Take care x

Well had a slightly better day today. Not felt as weak. I've been given some different meds for sickness and have been eating anything I can find today!

my blood count had gone down to 70hb. It should be 100. I'm scheduled for 3 units tomorrow morning and possibly one more on Thursday if it doesn't get about 100. 

Thanks for the advice xx

Glad you're feeling better...I had my chemo and radio today and am also eating everthing in sight lol Will have to book into overeaters annon at this rate ;) x

Hi Lozleypezz glad to here you are feeling a bit better I know what its like to have Anameia and faint its an awful experience. Eat while you can to build your strength up and hopefully your low HB will be behind you now you have started your treatment.  I send you best wishes for a ful recovery. xx

Hi Pauline good to hear your treatment is going well I will be thinking about you keep us posted Best Wishes xx

Anaemia is absolutely awful. I was bad last summer with it. I was down for doing the muddy run 5k thing and I had to walk it. I think my daughter and friend just thought I was very unfit. I also had to stop playing rounders at half time one match cos I literally couldn't make my legs move. Anyone who knows me knows this doesn't happen. I love my rounders!

I'm glad you've had a better day, weekends are definitely when treatment catches up with you with Sunday being the worst for me. When the nurse told me it's due to the steroids being out of my system it made perfect sense and I didn't fight it. Problem is I absolutely love my bed now.

Let us know how your blood transfusion goes. I don't know 

Anything about the process x 

Well I'm here now having bloods. Took them an hour and a half to canulate me. One unit will take 1.5 hours and I'm down for three!! Going to be a long day!! 

Blood tranfusion done!! Now sat at radio and two of the machines are down!! This is longer than my chemo days!

Instantly feel better though and my mother has commented that you can actually see where my lips are as they was the same colour as my face!! X

Oh I'm glad you feel better. Hope the machine gets fixed quickly. 

Great to hear you are feeling well the units of blood will make such a difference to you. The blood does take a while to go through but you will be hop skipping and jumping afterwards. Best wishes xxxxxxxxx

here having my chemo now. My blood levels are still low so I'm having another unit on Friday. Which is my birthday!! Not the kind of pint I was hoping for! 

Still feeling much better and no sickness or any other symptoms yet. 

Although the skin in my mouth is peeling off. It isn't sore but I've been given some mouthwashes and gels to start using 4 times a day  

Awww some nice kind stranger is giving you a pint on your birthday.  

Hope you are feeling ok after today's treatment x 

Hi Laura :-)

I was having treatment on my birthday too, and whilst it wasn't the most fun I've ever had on my birthday, I was blown away by the kindness of strangers. It turned out to be a birthday I will probably remember for far longer than any others. :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Well today has been another good day. Treatment was at 12:30 little bit behind but nothing to complain about. My bladder wasn't full enough even though  felt like I could wee right there and then. They was also concerned that my bowl wasn't fully empty. I've been constipated with the new sickness tablets. They suggested two laxatives a day now. 

Last night was a normal night for me after both my treatments and I ate a nice proper healthy meal so it's safe to say I have my appetite back!!! I put my daughter to bed and watched some tv with the hubby. Just felt like a normal night. I'm feeling so much better after a transfusion. 

The steroids played havoc with my sleep last night. It was gone 1am before I nodded off, I suspect tonight will be more of the same as I forgot to take my anti sickness and steroid till late on.

Thank you again for all your advice and support I feel like I've got this at the moment.

Bring on tomorrow for my birthday blood. Got to be there at 9:50

I was so lucky that I needed an empty bladder for my radiotherapy.  I am rubbish at holding my wee! 

Sorry to hear you've been constipated,  I don't know which way is worse. I used a sachet of fybogel every day which did the trick. 

It's so nice to feel normal isn't it and it's a sense of achievement when you do something for your family. My 8 year old was kidding me goodnight in MY bed then going to his bed dome nights. Now I go into him every night again.  He also snuck into my bed in the early hours this morning and snuggled up and went back to sleep. This was a regular happening before diagnosis but he stopped for a while. It feels so good that he did it.

Oh no re steroids. I hated taking them. I had to do it for 2 days, Thurs and Fri after chemo on the weds,  I loved the last ones on Friday when I could throw the boxes away!

Hope you have a good birthday x 

Happy Birthday •*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Thank you for the birthday wishes!! Radio was fine today as normal, no issues there. Bowel seems to be a lot more normal today as well which is better!!

I had another unit of blood tranfused today, took a little while for the bloods to arrive cause they were looking for the best cross match for me. I hope this should be the end of the blood problems as my bleeding seems to have stopped in the last week. My nurse said they are going to monitor is through my last 3 chemo sessions and get me a unit straight away if i need it before i have my chemo.

Feeling reallty good again today, this time last week i was feeling sick and wanted to go back to bed. I had a lovely morning opening my cards and presents with my family and having a pizza tonight. Naughty i know but i just fancy it!! This weekend i should know if my problems last week was down to the low blood count or the chemo with the steroids finishing, however so far so good! Last weekend i felt like i couldnt carry on if it was going to be like this!

xxx

Glad you've had a good day.  

I'd say for the next few weeks don'tworry about healthy eating - ,just eat!!!!!

Hi Lozleypezz I am glad you are feeling a good bit better. Happy Birthday to you I hope you are having a lovely time. xx