LEEP done!

Hello, everyone :slight_smile:

Just wanted to make a post and update that I had my LEEP done under general this morning. I was so nervous and worried about the anesthesia, but everyone was right and it was such a breeze. I don’t even remember falling asleep it happened so fast. Next thing I knew I was waking up and being wheeled into a recovery room where my Mom was waiting for me.

I got home and have slept off and on all day, they were definitely right about feeling groggy. I used the bathroom before leaving the doctors office and had a small amount of blood but nothing major. I haven’t had any blood or discharge as of yet at home, just the Monsel solution when I go to the bathroom and wipe, doctor said that was to be expected. I’m sorry if that’s TMI for anybody, i just wanted to post about it in case anyone ever comes back to read others experiences for comfort or reassurance.

Other than that, I am having some cramping like I’m coming on my period (am supposed to in the next few days but I know this is from the LEEP) not bad enough to take painkillers but I have been using a heating pad :slight_smile: also feel a bit tender/sore down below but I think it must be from the speculum inserted for longer than what a normal smear would be done.

Any advice or do’s/don’t’s is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Glad it went well for you, and you was allowed your mom there, as I know due to covid a lot of hospitals are not allowing anyone else to attend appointments with you.

With regards to do’s/dont’s I would listen to your body and just rest and not do much for the next few days and let the anaesthetic come out your system and take naps when required.
I was advised not to have intercourses or use tampons for at least 4 weeks and only do light exercise, no swimming and not to have a bath for 4 weeks (showers are fine) as there’s more chance of getting an infection if your sitting in the water.

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to message me.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Yes, here in Texas the new Covid variant has posed a bit of an issue so I was surprised they let her come back with me. I felt very fortunate for that.

I was definitely so sleepy yesterday, took the entire day to lay around dozing in and out and watch movies and fully intend on doing so today just to make sure I get plenty of rest the first few days :slight_smile:

Def won’t be doing any swimming, intercourse, or tampons anytime soon! My gyno does a 2 week follow up appt to make sure all is healing up nicely so I’ll have that to go to in a few weeks time as well.

I do have a question for anyone who might see this, and I know everyone is different, but when do people usually start to get the discharge everyone speaks of? Is is right away or later on in the week?

That’s good you get a 2 week follow up to check all ok.

I had LLETZ under local and had discharge that day/next day from memory.

When I had the cone biopsy which was under general anaesthetic it was about 5 days later that I had discharge.

Thank you for your response :slight_smile: I figured I was bound to get something starting in the first week or so. I’m hoping once my period starts in the next few days it won’t make a drastic difference in anything. My gyno and his nurse said starting so soon after LEEP wouldn’t be an issue and that I would know what the bleeding was from once it started. Hopefully my anxiety allows me to think logically on that one :sweat_smile:

Well done, you got through it. Delighted to hear all went well for you. It must be a weight off your shoulders now. Hope you are taking it easy.

Great news, glad it went so well.

Yes ma’am :slight_smile: thank you so much!

Thank you so much! I am very happy to have had it done now, it wasn’t near as rough as I was anticipating. I have been relaxing and watching movies over the last few days :slight_smile: which I do feel myself going a little stir crazy but I know it’s for the best that I rest a few more days probably!