Leep biopsy

Hi Guys, I’m already an anxious stress head so just looking for reassurance. I’m 39 and had abnormal smear. Colposcopy showed Cin2 and recommended leep procedure. Had this today. I am now stupidly worried that the results of this will show I already have cancer. I know that i am being dramatic but was in too much of a wobble head to ask any questions!

Hello please don’t worry the changes of it being cancer are very very low. Just recover from the Leep and try and don’t stress unnecessary you done the correct thing by getting treatment and in 95 % of the times is successful and you won’t have any more issues. Take care and enjoy the fact is done.

Hi! I had CIN2 and LEEP under general at the end of July. I had the same exact thought, I made myself sick with worry waiting for the biopsy results from my LEEP procedure. But the above comment is correct, it is HIGHLY unlikely you have already developed cancer. And LEEP is typically very successful at having clear margins and getting all the bad cells out!

The added worry and stress is so not needed or helpful to a body trying to heal! I know that from experience- take it easy and relax! Let your body heal and I’m sure your results will show up soon and you feel so relieved :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your replies. I have a bit of an anxiety issue already so it has run with this worry! I really appreciate the reassurance x