Latest MRI shows suspect activity

Hi all

It’s my first time posting here. I was first diagnosed with stage 4 CC in July 2021- 4 months after the birth of my daughter. I had chemo, radiotherapy and brachytherapy. My scan after treatment showed NED. Then a few months later I had a small nodule appear just inside my vulva - they told me it was residue from the previous cancer. I had 2 more lots of brachytherapy. I am not a year NED.
Until that is I had an MRI on Wednesday and had the results emailed to me late last night, it shows that I have suspected cancer activity in 3 different areas in my hip and groin. 1 is lymphnode involvement.
I live in Italy so have been having all my treatment here, we have emailed the results to the drs but obviously will have to wait until Monday when they are back in.
I am so scared, I can’t believe this is happening again and that I have to put my husband and daughter through this again. I’m terrified that I am running out of options

1 Like

Hi Boo, im so sorry to hear this journey is particularly difficult for you at the moment. I also have very young children (3 and 5) so i very much empathise with how hard this is. Firstly though, i believe that there are ALWAYS options. Even if a doctor told me tomorrow there none left, i would move heaven and earth and try literally anything anyone suggested might help. My children and husband keep me fighting and i know yours will too, but be kind to yourself. Scary times are very hard to deal with. I think usually treament in recurrence which includes lymph nodes is chemo and immunotherapy, which there are incredible advances in, so try to stay positive and hopeful. I live in Portugal and have had all of my treatment here. Ill finish by just sending much love, light and strength. It isn’t over until it’s over and you’re not alone. Xxx

2 Likes

Also remember, try not to feel guilty about putting your family through this. They know (or will when your daughter is older) that everything you are doing is to be here for them. All the treatment, pain, anxiety, it is all to be alive for them. Sending love x

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I wrote this post when I was in a dark place mentally and still trying to process. I don’t have much of an update as the drs are discussing my case internally before they can give me an update. Thankfully I already had a check up scheduled for this Friday so I will see what they say then. For sure I know my next steps will be a biopsy and PET scan.
It’s such a hard time trying to stop your mind from spiraling in to a dark place. I know my husband and daughter will get me through this like previously I just have to be strong and now I have experience in what is likely to happen.
I hope that your treatment went well xxx

Hey boo, just a line to say i hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and that you get some of the answers that you need. Ill be sending good vibes your way!

For context, i finished my treatment end of March (6 weeks of chemorads for stage 3c1). My month mri showed some residual left on my cervix so now waiting for my 6 month PET scan in September. Hoping itll be gone but if not ill need either surgery or chemo. Im just going one step at a time, figuring out what i can control and trying to let go of things that i cant. It’s tough but so are we!!

All best for tomorrow xxx

1 Like

Aww thank you. They cancelled my appointment for today as they said there was no point. On Monday they will have a meeting with the different departments and come up with a plan. I’m not sure how much of a plan they can come up with without my PET or biopsy being done. My PET is scheduled for Thursday. I’m so scared but like you said we have to let go of the things out of our control. I’m hoping Monday they will tell me when the biopsy is. And that things start moving. I checked earlier today and on 3rd August 2021 I had my first chemo session. I wonder if it’ll be the same week this year
I hope that your PET goes well :heart: can I ask how old you are? I never mentioned but I’m 35 I was 33 the first time this happened xxx

1 Like

Ill send lots of positive vibes for your PET scan. Theyre my least favourite for sure, but we get through them! Big deep breathing has become such a big part of my daily life now - breath in peace, exhale fear.

Im 35, 36 next week! So we are the same age. I still find it baffling sometimes to have cancer at 35, and i was so fit and healthy, genuinely! I recently read a book called ‘radical remission’ and it really helped change how i think about cancer and honestly gave me a big hope and positivity boost. Not sure if you are in to reading but i definitelt recommend it. Xx

1 Like

Thanks Georgie :heart:
I like to read but I find it quite overwhelming reading about cancer to be honest. I remember the first time I was diagnosed and bought the Deborah James book but I still haven’t read it even now. I think it would help but I just find it overwhelming for it to be a part of everything I do. I try and block it out as much as possible. Weekends are my favourite as I know no news will come and I can switch off. Whereas Sunday night and now Monday mornings just fill me with dread.
Today they will have the meeting but I am sure they will contact me for the biopsy only as without that they can not decide on treatment really can they? Anyway we will see either today or tomorrow xxx

1 Like

Hi @Boo How did today go? I really hope it went well and that you got some of the answers you’re looking for. I hear you with switching off on the weekends! Sending love and strength x

1 Like

Hey Georgie I’ve still not heard anything. I am not sure if they are waiting for the results of tomorrows PET. Abit annoying as I still need a biopsy arranging. I don’t know whether to email them or to wait until the results of the PET come though. I am not sure if it’s the same as Portugal but here I get the results via email and then I forward on to my dr. Sometimes I don’t know if it’s better or not. Thank you for checking in with me, your ever so nice xxx

Hey @Boo . Have you managed to get some more information? I hope so for you! In Portugal our results are published on our online profile, often before ive seen a doctor. Not always easy but usually quick! Xx