Late loss after LLETZ

Hi everyone,

I used this website a lot last year after being diagnosed with cin3 and having a LLETZ in October under GA. It really helped me to feel I wasn’t alone.

I knew there was a small risk in premature labour but the worst has now happened to me. From about 14 weeks I felt pressure in my cervix and the bigger Noah got the more it increased. I saw many doctors, even convinced them to do a cervical scan, and it all seemed fine, just me worrying. So I relaxed. At 17 weeks though I began to lose fluid and they measured my cervix again which came in at 1.7cm. I begged them to put in a stitch but it was too late. I had a serious infection so they couldn’t stitch it in and when pregnant they can’t treat you with the antibiotics you need. Noah died a week later shortly after my waters went. I’m so devastated and I feel this could have been prevented, but because it’s so rare, unless you have had a late term loss or a premature baby, they don’t screen for IC after an LLETZ. I really feel that I let my son down and I should have done more. It’s been 4 months now and his due date is coming up and it all just feels so desperately wrong. I’m trying to piece myself back together again to try again but there is now an increased chance of this happening again. Has anyone here suffered a late loss after LLETZ and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Sending you all lots of love

Anna

X

Hi Anna 

I am truly sorry for your loss, it's not your fault! You did as you thought was best. We all learn as life progresses. Pls believe in yourself. 

I have no experience with a loss such as this but really didn't want to just read your post and close the window without giving you a virtual hug. 

Take care. 

Thank you Lolli for your kind words and your virtual hug. I'm sending one back to you, it looks like you've had an incredibly difficult 2016. I'm wishing you all the very best and a much gentler remainder of 2016. 

Take care xoxox 

I'm so so sorry for your loss Anna. I had my full cervix removed and a stitch put in its place.

The only thing I can suggest is to look on Facebook for a group called uk tac support / there are other ladies on there who have had losses due to removal or incompetent cervix and lot and lots of positive stories.

i hope this helps X

Thank you Parkyparks for your kind response. I'll defintiely take a look.

Lots of love to you

xox

I just wanted to update the thread as I get some private messages from time to time from people in similar positions. I went on to have two more beautiful babies, both who were delivered at 39 weeks. My first pregnancy after Noah, I had an abdominal stitch put in my cervix at 14 weeks, and as a result I have two incredible children now. I feel so incredibly grateful to everyone who made my dreams possible and safely delivered me Ruben and Ella. Please reach out to me if you ever have any questions. Anna xoxoxox

3 Likes