just joined and scared

Hello all you amazing ladies :slight_smile:

I have just joined up as iv been diagnosed with cervical cancer :frowning:

I went to see my gynae-oncologist today and he thinks it stage 1b and ill need a full pelvic examination under general anaesthetic, and more likely have a radical hysterectomy. I feel numb, scared, and very upset by this, and what I am concerned about is the fact he told me that the pathologist has sent my lltez biopsy results off for a second opinion. The reason being he said that my cancer cells are very unusual and odd, so really do not know what that all means :frowning:

Hi Becky :-)

I am so sorry that you find yourself in this situation but very pleased indeed that you have found us. We are a friendly, supportive and informative group so do hang around, ask all your questions here and keep well away from Google.

Try as hard as you can not to worry yourself too much just yet. We all know what a blow a cancer diagnosis comes as but you will find, as you start your journey that this is a very curable cancer and that the treatments are surprisingly doable. Certainly by seeking a second opinion your consultant is taking your case very seriously and you are not goind to be palmed off with a one-size-fits-all treatment plan. The pelvic exam under GA will tell him more about your situation and it is very likely that you will also be sent for CT and possibly MRI scans. If you have not had either of these before they are interesting, a little bit weird but not really unpleasant. Do hang around here and let us know how you get along and rest assured we will all be cheering you along every step of the way.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Becky 

sorry to hear about your diagnosis but you found the right place to help.

Many of us have been where you are right now and can honestly say the waiting is the hardest part.

The next few weeks of your life will be filled with many appointments and questions.

Try to rest and not be totally consumed with this as it will all come around. Try to focus on the facts not the unknowns, do not speculate as it will not make things easier.  

Good luck with everything. We are here when you need us. 

Xxx

Hello Tivoli and Lolli888

Thannk you both for your lovely supportive messages its really made be feel at ease :)

How did your stories begin?

Hi Becky :-)

If you want my story click on my name next to the toad which will take you to my profile. In there you will find "My Big Fat Greek Hysterectomy" Warning! It's a long read but hopefully entertaining :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli