Just diagnosed- pathology says high grade carcinoma

I’m so glad that I found this forum. I was just diagnosed last week with cervical cancer. I am 7 weeks postpartum and had been diagnosed early in my pregnancy with HPV16 and HSIL and the GYN took the wait and see approach during- Only doing colposcopy without biopsies twice. At that time they told me that it was HSIL but not to worry. Then at my 5 week postpartum follow up visit, the NP went to do my colposcopy with biopsy and stopped when she viewed my cervix. She stated that something was “protruding” and asked if I had ever had fibroids-- which I have not. She got the doctor whom then spent 10 minutes fishing what she believed was placenta fragments out of my cervix. She sent them to the lab, sent a prescription for cytotec to the pharmacy, and scheduled an ultrasound for the next morning to make sure that I had passed everything. I took the cytotec that afternoon/evening and nothing happened. I had been having some large amounts of watery yellow discharge up until that visit where I bled quite a bit from her removal of the “fragments” but it tapered off very quickly that evening. Ultrasound the next day found nothing in my uterus. The doctor decided to check my cervix again and biopsied a ridge that looked suspicious. Well the labs came back with both specimens cervical carcinoma, high grade, highly differentiated. Googling it has terrified me. I have my first oncology appointment on the 13th and am so freaked out thinking that I have had this during my pregnancy and it’s aggressive and progressed. Anyone have any similar grade that didn’t metastasize or be advanced? I am so scared that I am not going to survive to see my baby boy grow up.

Hi, I’m so sorry that you are going through this, especially at this time. My experience was not like yours but I didn’t want to read and run. Hopefully someone will be along to share with you soon xx