Just diagnosed and feel somethings being kept from me

Can any one give me any advice please.

On a routine smear test severely abnormal cells where found. 

I had a loop excision and last week on 26th June I was told I have cervical cancer. 

At this point I was not made aware of the grade or stage I am at. I am booked In next week for a cone biopsy. 

I’m so confused I’m trying stay positive but I’ve been reading through lots of other peoples experiences and every time MRI have been done first. 

For the last 2 years I have had severe pain in my right side and lower back and been tested for bowel problems everything g came back normal so now I’m panicking this is all connected and i have advance cc. 

Why would I have not been told the grade or been offered the scan first?? 

Thank you xx

I can't give you an answer but I just wanted to say that I don't think they'd keep anything from you. 

I had an MRI done before a biopsy but that was NOT the correct protocol and it wasted a month.  The biopsy should usually  be done first as MRI takes a while to get the results and it won't tell them what type of cancer they are dealing with. Rest assured you are in safe hands by the sound if it. 

Karen x 

Hi ladies,

As you can see from my signature at the bottom, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster. I went from CIN3 to CIN1 which was amazing, however...I am now having a pelvic ultrasound and colposcopy with smear in 2 weeks time due to irregular and heavy bleeding, between periods and after intercourse, pain in my lower abdomen specifically on the left and I seem to have an awful lot of pain during intercourse. I am also having didficulty going to the toilet both ways. I had an ultrasound last week and the sonographer called another sonographer in to look at my scan, they did some blood tests and I was sent home. They called me back later that evening and did an internal, they then said they would be referring me for furrher investigation. I have a very bad feeling about it and wish I had asked more. What I really want to know is if anyone else has been through anything like this prior to confirmation of cancer? Xxx