JOS CERVICAL CANCER AWARENESS RUN/WALK

HAVE POSTED ON THE OTHER TOPIC, BUT GOT QUITE EXCITED ABOUT THE PROSPECT OF DOING THIS…

MY ADD ON IDEA WAS HOW ABOUT ORGANISING EVENTS (SIMILAR BUT A LOT SMALLER) TO RACE FOR LIFE UP AND DOWN COUNTRY BUT JUST FOR JOS…

MAYBE ONE IN LEEDS (I AM HAPPY TO ORGANISE IT) AND LONDON, BRIGHTON AND MANCHESTER/LIVERPOOL OR WHEREVER…

IT WOULD HAVE TO BE NEXT YEAR NOW, MAYBE ON ANNIVERSARY OF JOS OR SOMETHING EQUALLY AS IMPORTANT… OR TO COINCIDE WITH VACCINE LAUNCH.

WE CAN GET TSHIRTS SORTED, NEWSPAPERS ETC GREAT AWARENESS DAY AND FAB WAY OF RAISING MONEY FOR JOS…L.

ANYONE UP FOR HELPING ME ORGANISE OR JUST TAKING PART???

Hi Elaine

I would be very interested in helping you. I am currently moving from Birmingham to Northern Ireland and think that we could try and do something over the pond too. There are so many ladies in NI affected that it would be good to give them a voice.

Keep me posted.

Caragh

hi elaine,

sounds good, is a few of us up in the north and loads of women i know whove been through it so i could help arrange 1 up here. newcastle maybe.

xx

I would be happy to run(or walk :lol: ) in Leeds, keep us posted.

Janina
xxx :wink:

Well it looks like its definately going to happen…

All I need to sort now is a date and we have probably got about half a dozen venues around the country. so far:

Leeds, Newcaste, Northern Ireland, Midlands, Manchester, London to name a few…

I am quite excited about it coz we could really really get a lot of coverage from this.

I know that the vaccine Gardasil is to be launched around September, maybe we could coincide with that (they may help us with a good donation and or publicity) or is it too soon to get organised properly. - we could even go to the extremes like the breast cancer walkers who wear bras over their clothes, we could wear big knickers??? over the clothes of course.

Let me know your thoughts.

Elaine

I’ll certainly run/walk it in the London area
Michele x

hi elaine,

yes im def up for it,
and the idea of the knickers, is a brilliant idea too, :wink:

fi.xx

Hi Elaine, sept sounds ok to me if everyones up for it maybe we could mingle the Manchester and Leeds one together so there will be more of us… good excuse to go to Leeds and see my friends Deb and Janina for a night ha ha.

If you need any help just shout we would need to get sponser forms soon if it is going to be sept though.
Bye for now love kaz xx :wink:

what a great idea and wearing big pants is pretty good too (ooo the fun to be had decorating them and making them beautiful!) i can help/want to take part in the london area!

jess

We are currently ironing out a few details re the awareness walk/run and will post something as soon as definate.