IVF Starting - Nervous!!

Hi All

So after having numerous tests done (and more to follow) I have seen my consultant who is going ahead with IVF for myself and my fiance to try for a baby! Its all so very exciting, but i am terrified and nervous at the same time. We have such a positive outlook on it and are looking to a future with a little baby. I was just looking for some success stories on here to see some real life things as oppose to text books… you don’t find much about IVF after a radical trachelectomy and what it all entails.

I know my consultant will go through it all with me I was just wanting to hear from real ladies that have gone through it :slight_smile:

Lots of love
Jo xxxxx

I can't give any advice but that is such wonderful news!

Good luck :) xxx

I also don't have any advice but am praying that it all works out for you, good luck :) xx

Thank you very much, i am keeping everything crossed. Its very nerve wracking and its difficult to find someone who has gone through the same. I guess i will just roll with it and do whatever i am told by my consultant! haha! :) 

Thank you again xxx

Hi Jo

Very exciting for you! Wishing you lots of luck. I thought I would share my success story. I was diagnosed and treated the same time as you funnily enough. I also had a radical trachelectomy then had IVF because we couldn't get pregnant natually due to scar tissue which meant what was left of my cervix was basically scarred shut. Anyway long story short, I got pregnant on my first round of IVF and carried with no problems to 37 weeks. I did have to stop work and rest as much as possible from 5 months pregnant. I now have a very healthy, happy 3 year old boy!

Last November I had IVF again and fell pregnant straight away again fortunately. The embryo actually split and I am carrying identical twins which was a shock and we were very concerned that I would not be able to carry two but I'm currently 24 weeks and all going well so far. They are thinking I should get to 34 weeks which would be great.

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions at all. I wish you lots of luck for the IVF. There are so many women now that have had babies after trachelectomies and there is lots of support out there.

Take care

A x

Hi I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I was diagnosed and had my surgery in sept 09 and since 2012 have been going through IVF. i recently moved onto donor eggs as mine have nearly run out of juice and aren't very good. I'm only 36 now but I'm now on my 5th cycle and have yet to get my BFP. I had my transfer 5 days ago and I am praying it works this time. 

Mots encouraging to read your post as I have been really concerned wether I would have problems carrying a child or even two. I'm so glad your pregnancies have and are doing really well. I hope the remaining time goes the same way. 

Best of luck for your BFP monkeyface1856. Yes there are plenty of success stories and if you do get pregnant get in touch again as there are things you can do to help with the pregnancy (vaginal and abdominal stitches to keep cervix closed).

thanks so much for your well wishes. All the very best to you and good luck x

Monkeyface - have you looked into immune problems? HPV is linked (not sure whether its cause or effect though). Good luck with DE - that's our next step too. If this go of OE doesnt work xxx