I've just been diagnosed

Aww @Dawnann62 my thoughts are with you its so hard hearing the words you have cancer. Glad you have dates for your scans and hopefully answers will follow quickly for you. I have my ct on Monday but no mri date yet.
Do you know the type of cancer you have?

:purple_heart:

Hi @Dawnann62,

It’s really flipping sucks doesn’t. I remember those words. Even though I half expected them, it was like being hit by a truck.
The biggest pain about this process is the waiting. Waiting for appointments,scans, results etc. But bit by bit, as they days go by and the appointments come you’ll settle a little bit more. When you know your stage and what’s happening you’ll feel more in control.
I’m just about to start 5 1/2 weeks of Chemoradiation with brachytherapy for Stage 2B adenocarcinoma. I’m being treated to cure.
My emotions have went from anger to panic to calm to depressed to feeling more in control.
We’re all here with you.
My best advice is DO NOT GOOGLE. As the fab ladies here who have been there and done that will tell you its outdated and often misleading.

Take care.

1 Like

Hello no she didn’t say what cancer it was just that she could give me more information when all the results were in and give me a stage, I’m worried sick x

Hi sammy can I ask what symptoms you had at your stage please I know i shouldn’t compare but it really helps me, I’m convinced it’s out of control and I’m going to loose this battle x

Well I would possibly be different to you and others, my tumor caused cervical stenosis.
So I was on the mini pill and assumed my periods had disappeared because of it. Maybe 6 months ish? The stenosis had caused my cervix to become inflamed, harden and close. My womb filled with blood and clots. Approx the size of a large orange. It put me into so much pain I passed out and was 999 to A&E
After a week stay and CT scans, biopsies ect they discovered it was cancer.
Before that I occasionally had lower back pain but I fractured my tailbone as a teen in a horse riding accident so it could be that.
It’s natural to think the worst. I did too. But it wasnt as bad as I thought. Try not to jump to worse case scenario. Everyones story is different.

1 Like

Its so hard not to panic I completely understand that I’m finding I’m so up and down constantly. It’s good that you have your scans so quickly and I’m sure you will have answers soon.

I have suffered anxiety for years now since loosing my dad and have found that nausea is a problem for me at the minute but my nurse at gp surgery is fab and so supportive, hopefully you have a supportive person behind you too x

Woke up this morning and realisation has hit me, back to sitting and crying thinking about my children and grandchildren x

Its so hard isn’t it, I wish I could say something to make you feel better, they are seeing you quickly for scans so they will be ontop of it all and you will have all the answers really soon hopefully. X

I know the waiting is just awful everything is going around in my head, mostly worse cast scenarios, I’m driving myself mad, I can’t even have a glass of wine to take the edge off because I’m on antibiotics for an infection in my cervix x

I know exactly how your feeling just now, when I was diagnosed I was still on a course of antibiotics following my lletz I got an infection. I’m now a week down the line of being staged a little higher than originally told and really until I get dates for both scans and results I’m going crazy thinking it will be much worse again than original stage as that’s already happened.
Try and focus on the fact that there are amazing cures now.
I’m trying to get fresh air and walk daily and having to focus on being positive for my son helps too x

Hello just want to say all the best for your scan tomorrow hope everything turns out well for you, the ct wasn’t bad at all just the 2 jugs of liquid you have to drink are not very nice at all, your only in the scanner about 10 mins, I’m dreading my phone call in the next few days with ct results, keep us posted on how you get on pls xx

Aww I don’t have a clue about what happens at the ct scan I’ve no letter as its a cancellation apt I’m going too. I hope you get the call soon then you have answers I’ve been told I won’t get any results until both tests have been done xx

I hope that’s the case to be honest it’s horrible waiting for the phone to ring with results Ide rather know then all in one go, ive woke up terrified again today my husband has gone off to work away for the week so I’m on my own with my terrible thoughts imagining this horrible thing has spread and there is no hope xx

Aww @Dawnann62 keep yourself busy this week it won’t be long until he is home. My ct was ok very strange sensation when the due was injected but I knew a nurse so she took me to the desk to ask about my mri and I’m not booked in until 3rd Nov god knows when I would have gotten an apt if I hadn’t asked! And they put me on the cancellation list too. I’m feeling completely downbeat today knowing I have at least another month to wait until I get results and know what is going to happen x

I’ve had my ct results today and finally have some good news. My ct is all clear nothing anywhere else in my pelvis or chest and no swollen lymph nodes. I have to admit I cried and cried this afternoon so relieved. I still have my mri in 2 weeks time and then it will be pre op for the hysterectomy.

They also told me that I don’t have ibs but rather diverticulitis. And that I have a small cyst on 1 ovarie but it’s nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Hi Coomie - I have been reading this thread and im so sorry to hear about your cc but a relief it is curable and hasn’t spread anywhere. Did they detect cc before the loop treatment or were they just treating abnormal cells and then found it to be cc?

Hi @applepie I found out about the cc after the results of my loop treatment it was staged as 1a then once the team met it was restaged to 1b grade 2.
I still need the mri and then I will be put forward for the surgery x

Sending you positive thoughts Coomie. Hysterectomy sounds scary but reading other ladies’ stories, 12weeks recovery is to be expected… Keep us posted and we’re all here if you just need to vent out…:rainbow: I had lletz 3wks ago for CIN3 and still awaiting results from mdt as initial results also show CGIN… I just finished my last antibiotic today as like you I caught infection from the lletz… best of luck to us​:rainbow:

1 Like

Aww honey @applepie that’s rubbish you got an infection too I found the antibiotics pretty yukky aswell! Praying you get your results and answers soon. Thankyou I will definitely keep you posted its helped so much reading others experiences x

1 Like

So glad everything is ok you must be so relieved I’m still waiting on ct results and have mri tomorrow xx

2 Likes