Ive been very unlucky

Goodness I really hope so!

Just back from the hairdresser’s. Ive gone from shoulder length to a pixie cut! I know I’ll lose it but at least it wont be such a shock!!!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this lovely, but stay strong you can fight this xxx

1 Like

That’s a great idea - I didn’t think about it and ended up with handfuls of my long hair in my hands after my second treatment. Weirdly my hair has started to grow back a bit after the third treatment, although it’s a bristly bright white so will be getting the razor out in the next few days haha!

Still have my eyebrows and eyelashes which is a plus!

1 Like

@Shammy716 my darling I am so sorry to hear this I haven’t been on this forum for a couple of weeks I am on day 18 of a hospital admission praying for a bowel removal in the morning. I am on a lot of pain killers and not all that with it but I will try,

My emails alerted me to this post you had shared, and I couldn’t read and stop so needed to try and say something. I am so sorry you find yourself here but like you have said you have all the fight, determination and stubbornness to kick this. I had the same chemo cocktail you are going to have minus the avastin as neo adjuvant treatment to try and shrink my tumour so didn’t need radiotherapy to stop bowel issues :see_no_evil: however it worked incredibly well for me I think it shrunk my tumour by over half after only two rounds. I had six in total, avastin is a power house too.

I documented all my journey over on Instagram loosing my hair, every cycle of chemo how I was feeling, etc etc. all my tips and tricks around hair loss, hair accessories, eyebrows things just helped me and made me feel abit better erm if you use Instagram my handle is @leahlouise_b . I know my circumstances are different and what you are facing is different but it may help in terms of what to accept in terms of the chemotherapy xx

6 Likes

Shammy just wanted to send you lots of love. I think there are some similarities in our experiences - after my first treatment in Jan 2020, my 6 month scan picked up spread so I had to have the full chemo blast and all that comes with it, including the hair loss. It’s an intense period. Like you I chopped off some of my hair in advance - I wanted to get a sense of what I would look like. My chemo finally finished at the end of March and I’m now rocking a buzzcut - it makes me look much trendier than I actually am!! I’m here if you ever want to chat. Good luck and lots of love xx

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply!
Had my 1st Avastin a few hours ago and tomorrow is the Taxol and Cisplatin. Dreading it… im scared mostly of an allergic reaction and the nausea. Im such a baby when it comes to being sick. 42 years of age and still cry for my mummy :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Thinking of you, Shammy :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Ive been having the same treatment due to being at stage 4B. Ive now had 6 treatments. Waiting for 2nd scan results, however the results from 1st scans were very positive.
Yes I have no hair… but a great wig… and Im getting used to it. I had a number 2 and found it manageable.
I hate not being able to plan stuff in advance due to side effects but with the support of family and great friends you can do it!
Give yourself time to recuperate between the sessions.
Youll smash it!

7 Likes

Thank you @Smeechie ! Always encouraging to hear that this treatment is working well. Thank you so much xx

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with wanting your mum. I am 56 and my mum is 89 and i still need her she has such a calming influence on me. Great that the first of the treatments are done. Onwards and upwards!!
Lots of love xx

2 Likes

I’m praying for you :hugs::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Shammy, thinking about you!!

1 Like

Thinking about you Shammy. Just wanna send you much love and all the positive vibes. Xx

1 Like

Thank you everyone! 1st Chemo mix was done 5 days ago. Im extremeley grateful that i didnt feel overly nauseous. Just bad indigestion and extremely tired! Trying to " shake it off" as they say. X

6 Likes

Glad to hear you’re coping well. Will that be you for another 3 weeks or do you get anything else?

Next chemo is booked for 1st week of August. Really hoping energy levals will start to climb from today! Ive not been sleeping as such just sat in a daze if that makes sense. Hubby says if he didnt know me better hed say i was stoned lol

1 Like

Hi Shammy, well done on getting through your first one. Hope your energy levels return soon and things get easier. Thanks for the update xxx

1 Like

Well done on getting through the first round. Just take it easy over the next couple of weeks. Being stoned for a few weeks doesn’t sound too bad :rofl:.
As always take care xx

1 Like

Sending best wishes for your next treatment Shammy, stock up on the gaviscon and hope the stoned effect is the worst of it!

1 Like

Onwards and upwards.
Thinking of you

1 Like