Is this normal for 1a1?

Hello everyone and Happy New Year - sorry I haven't been about for a while, been having some time out and chilling - had a good few weeks away from googling and think it's done me the world of good!

Anyway, I had my second LLETZ on 12/12/14 and a week later it was confirmed CIN3 and a very small area of CC 1A1. I went for a MRI and that was all clear. They got clear margins on my LLETZ so I've been told by my consultant that no further treatment needed and just a follow up colposcopy has been booked for 28th May. Now, don't get me wrong - I am over the moon it's been treated but I'm just worried... Is no further treatment normal? Has anyone else been told this?

Thank you for a constant worrier :-(

Lucy x 

Hi Lucy :-)

Congratulations! Lucky girl! I think that this sort of thing must happen all the time, otherwise LLETZ wouldn't be regarded as a treatment eh. And it must be very comforting to know that you already have a date in a book for your follow-up. I think you can skip along happily without a care in the world until 28th May :-)

Be happy

Tivoli

Hi Lucy

That is great news! :-)

I have heard of them doing a 2nd LLETZ sometimes but your team clearly think you do not need it and all the nasty bits have gone for good. I'm sure they would not want to put you through more LLETZ if not completely necessary.

Really happy for you. 

x

Hi Lucy,

I was 1b1 and my one LLETZ treatment got rid of all the cancer. Yes, all of it apparently! When they did the histology after my RH they didn't find any evidence of cancer on the tissue. Not on whatever remained of my cervix or in any of the 35 lymph nodes they removed. So I think your team think they've done enough! :)

I would say it's time to stop worrying and start celebrating!

Kirsty xx

Hi Lucy,

I was 1b1 and my one LLETZ treatment got rid of all the cancer. Yes, all of it apparently! When they did the histology after my RH they didn't find any evidence of cancer on the tissue. Not on whatever remained of my cervix or in any of the 35 lymph nodes they removed. So I think your team think they've done enough! :)

I would say it's time to stop worrying and start celebrating!

Kirsty xx

Hi! great to hear you need no further treatment! try not to worry, (easier said than done!) sounds like they are happy the treatment you had worked fine.

Thank you so much ladies xx it means a lot. Sorry for those of you who are still facing treatment and I hope it all goes ok for you. I'm feeling very very lucky and the whole experience, although awful, has had some positives - it's made my value my life more and brush off negative comments. It's made me realise that the people who should be in your life always will be there when you need them, whereas the ones that aren't don't matter. 

Living life to the full and not getting bogged down with trivial things is my new 2015 motto! Love to you all xx

Hi hon,

turns out all my cc was removed with the lletz too, like Kirsty. So try not to worry.

hugs,

Molly xx

Hi Molly :-)

Nice to see you! How's it going?

Lots of love

Tivoli

xxxxx