Is no news good news?

Hi everybody

Today is the 4th week since my last colposcopy and so far I have heard nothing. The doctor did say that results usually take 6 weeks to come back but from what I have seen on here most people who have received a cc diagnosis heard back in 3 weeks.

I am just wondering if this means there is no cancer? I am going out of my mind and can barely focus on anything else :frowning: Please tell me something! Should I just chill and assume it good news or can it really take that long for a diagnosis?

Hi

I heard back within 7 days, have you tried ringing them?

Emma x

My results was nearly 5 weeks later I do not have cc tho hope that helps I had cgin n cin3 I guess if it is cc they contact you sooner good luck keepus informed xxx

My results was nearly 5 weeks later I do not have cc tho hope that helps I had cgin n cin3 I guess if it is cc they contact you sooner good luck keepus informed xxx

Hi Sweetheart, let's hope so.

In some cases they put a rush on the results, usually when they are already pretty certain there's something up, but it doesn't always work like that. In the time I've been coming here I've heard from women who have waited all different lengths of time for all different kinds of outcome. I am sure holiday season can affect things too in terms of messing up waiting times.

There is an art to waiting, I think. It's difficult, but trying to distract yourself and doing things you enjoy is helpful. Obsessing and focusing too much on things that are out of your control makes the time drag.This is a time when your friends and family can really help you with that if you let them. Try to keep busy and you'll know very soon now.

Wishing you the very best and hoping you get the results soon xxx