is it cancer or fibroids

been having problems with heavy periods then started having a discharge which has got heavier and is constantly there.  Initally gp said could be premenopause but when persisted asked me to have swabs done.  I visited practice nurse and bled as soon as she put spectlum in so she was unable to see my cervix and asked me to return in a week. The same happened so she got gp in to see me who did examination and couldnt feel anything but as couldnt view the cervix said would requst an uss.  i then had a period which was so heavy i could barely cope i passed big clots and ended up on iron tablets and off work.  I had my uss on thursday and called into drs on friday so knew it wasnt going to be good news.  I had previously been told i could have fibroids.  She read my results out but cant remember exactly what said buy i have a 4cm growth on my cervix.  the rest of my scan is clear and all bloods our normal.  Best case is a fybroid worse cancer and gp told me reffered under 2 week rule.  But she did tell me to prepare myself for being off work in the near future and proabably needing surgery.  I know they cant tell you for definatley and need futher test to confirm.  But the way she spoke i dont know if preparing me for worse she also suggested that i didnt plan any holidays.  i have two young children and have told them mummy may need to go in hospital.  i have looked for information on the internet and the symptoms for either is simlar and cant find any definative information.  Has anyone been through anything similar also what can i expect off first appointment which i have on Thursday.  Thank You

I know diddly squat about fibroids. 

i know you want someone to give you an answer but none of us can. 

My story is kind of similar, gp knew from the start but if course couldn't say. Trust your instincts. They are usually right. 

I was diagnosed at first appointment because it was so obvious! But you may have biopsies taken if they are unsure what the growth is. 

Let us know how you get on

Hi Sally,

I'm sorry that I can't answer any of your questions but I just wanted to give you a great big hug and ask you please to stop Googling.

(((((HUG)))))

Be lucky :-)

Tivoli

Thanks

Had appointment last night in colposcopy clinic and they couldnt view cervix because somthing blocking view so back this morning to see consultant.  had another colposcopy which very uncomfortable then a examination.  Growth is coming from uterus past cervix and into vagina but cervix feels normal and growth is smooth so all good signs.  have to have MRI scan and go back on Fri.  Thinks more likley to be fibroid but either way after have a radical hysterectomy.  have to say more freaked out by MRI scan than surgery. thanks all for your support.