Intimacy after Radical Hysterectomy

This has been an issue I haven’t spoke about before as I think it’s just me and it’s just my life now, but since my radical hysterectomy 3 years ago, the feeling of sex and orgasm is almost none existent.

It’s getting worse as time passes, I though for the first year that it may just be nerve damage or something, but it isn’t getting any better, sex just isn’t enjoyable anymore.

I had a full and very healthy sex life before my cancer diagnosis so the that and operation really shook things, now I am a shadow of my former self where sex and being sexy is concerned because it just isn’t the same.

It’s not painful or anything like that I just can’t feel it!
It’s impacted the intimacy I have with my partner for sure, I avoid sex as much as I can, I have no drive for it what so ever but obviously my partner does so we still have sex and intimate times I just don’t enjoy it.

Is this just me or has anyone else had this experience or feeling the same?
I really don’t know what I can do, I just don’t think it will ever be any better?

Thanks for reading,
K xx

1 Like

@Karensb79 I didn’t want to read and run. Im only 2 weeks post radical hysterectomy and lymphadectomy so I can’t comment about the sex side yet. However, I am worried that it won’t be enjoyable any more. Have you tried using lube? Did you have ovaries removed? I guess menopause causes everytbing to become dry and reduce labido if not on hrt… Have you dpoken to your partner about how you’re feeling?

Well Hello Karen!
I haven’t been around on this forum for years and years and years. Like you, my radical hysterectomy killed my sex life. I tried for years to make that not matter too much but the husband was less supportive, I ran away from him and my beautiful Greek life in April 2018 and have spent the last six years trying to get back on my feet. I’ve just met a new bloke who loves me. I’ve told him I’m a born-again virgin, no possibility of penetrative sex, saloon doors with no saloon, and he’s happy to experiment with what can and cannot work. For the first time in 13 years I’m distracted by erect nipples and naughty imaginations :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Hi Abi, thanks for your reply, yes I use lube, I have to as I have no ‘moisture’ at all, that pretty much disappeared overnight after my op, I’ve got 1 ovary, not on HRT as a choice right now.

Not spoke to my partner recently, we did have a chat about a year ago and he’s so supportive about how I’m feeling and there is no pressure from him at all but I can’t and won’t deny him of sex altogether just because it’s different for me as I don’t think it’s fair.

Since my post I’ve reached out to a nurse via the Eve Appeal website which is such a good resource, I’m having a chat with her tomorrow so I’m hoping she can suggest a few things.

Good luck with your recovery, very early days for you, take it easy and be kind to yourself xxx

2 Likes

@Tivoli thank you for your reply, I’m so glad you have found your new groove, well done you xxx