Inflammed Cervix-awaiting colposcopy

Hi everyone smile

Felt this forum would be a good place for me to jot down my thoughts as feeling anxious ++ and hoping someone has been in a similar situation and can alleviate some of my worries. 

I Recently attended my GP for slight pink spotting after sex and one episode of pink discharge mid cycle. Also been having lower pelvic crampy pain most of the month which is new. GP said my cervix was a bit inflamed and took a swab (awaiting results). My next smear isn't due until next year and I have never had any issues with results. She did not want this repeated at the appt. 

She has referred me to get a colposcopy next Tuesday. The last few days I've had really bad cramping and some brown discharge, my period is due in the next day or so but don't tend to get pains till first day if bleeding but don't know if my anxiety is exaggerating things. 

Has anyone here been sent for a colposcopy with an inflammed cervix? What were ure results. My mind is working overdrive and feel I can't speak to anyone as I don't want to worry anyone. 

Sorry for the rambles xx

Hi Vicki,

At my last colposcopy my gynae oncologist told me my cervix was very inflamed and so he prescribed antibiotics.

That's my only experience re inflamation. He still carried out the LLETZ surgery I was there for. X

Hey Vicki, 

I had the same experience with my GP. I had bleeding after sex and spotting. She saw I had an inflamed cervix and referred me to colposcopy before I received any smear results. 

She also took swabs for BV and other bacterial infections which all came back negative. Turns out my inflammation came from a large ectropian which was caused from being on the pill for years. I had abnormal cells and HPV from my smear too and have just had treatment for those. 

Bonny x

Thanks for replying and sharing ure experiences. Appointment isn't too long away now trying not to over think it, fingers crossed its nothing to worry about.

Can I ask how long it took for your appointment to come  through?

Hi.

I am in a similar position. I had bleeding on HRT so went to the doctor for a check up. I was shocked to hear him say my cervix looks unhealthy. I've got an appt on 16th June for what I thought was a colposcpy but now my letter arrived saying vaginal ultrasound and hysteroscopy. I am absolutely beside myself as I've had no problems in all my 52 years. I can hardly eat and my anxiety is that high that I might have to go off sick from work. I do understand what you are going through x

How did your appointment go Vicki? I hope it went well x