Inconclusive Pap

Hi everyone. I had a pap 3 months ago that came back inconclusive now im worried. I have had spotting/bleeding that didnt stop for 3 months. Then had a 2 week break before i started spotting again. I have painful intercourse but only with deep pentration or certain positions. What feels like mild period cramps almost constantly. Im worried, i have 2 little children 2and

Hi @SPM

These things can be very alarming when they happen and its easy to jump to the worst case scenarios, im no stranger to this kind of thinking lol there are many benign unconcerning things that can cause these kinds of symptoms and 9 times out of 10 these things can be explained by something completely unrelated to CC

It sounds alot like you could be suffering with a symptomatic cervical ectropion, its usually symptomless but it can be problematic for some women, its completely harmless and has no links with CC or precancer, symptoms include:

• Vaginal discharge, which may contain blood (sometimes streaks)
  • Pain and bleeding during intercourse (dyspareunia) or afterward.
  • Pain and bleeding during a pelvic exam.
  • Light bleeding/spotting between your periods.
  • Pain in your pelvic area
  • Some women have even reported lower back pain

Xx

Hi @Tinkerbelle29 i also have a smell down there. It smells acidic, vinegary…which doesnt seem to line up with cervical ectropion

Acidic vinegar sounds like a PH/bacterial imbalance, could be an overgrowth of lactobacilli, the vagina is a very acidic envornment because of this normal bacteria and sometimes a fermented smell can be normal because of it, but if its over powering it indicates an imbalance of PH levels xx