Inadequate result after 6 month check for cin2

hi everyone . Well I thought this would all be it
And I would have the result I wanted. Following a leetz treatment in September for cin2 I was unable to be given the clear margin result because the machine at the hospital malfunctioned, however I was discharged and told to go for my 6 month check in feb to which I did last week. Result came in today and opened the letter to find the sample they got was inadequate and to go back in 3 months!!! Apparently you can’t repeat a smear before 3 months as the lining of cells will not be there and need time to regrow?? If I get another one before then it will probably be inadequate. So here is another 3 months of waiting! Just so frustrated ! Anyone else had this problem before? Thanks x

Hi there,
This is a tad unrelated, but, I had a smear which didnt pick up enough cells in October and yes indeed I had to wait 3 months for the cells to regenerate :frowning: was incredibly frustrating! I just had my repeat and it worked this time thank god.

I sympathise. I've had similar - in my case the nurse who took my smear didn't label the sample correctly, so the lab refused it. I had to wait for 3 months before it could be repeated. (It then came back with abnormal changes and as previous smears have been the same I'm booked in for a colposcopy in a couple of weeks. Yuck.)

Oh my goodness! I know people make mistakes but it really doesn’t help when you are waiting and worrying for the results! You would expect them to be extra vigilant. X