I’ve found a massive lump

I’ve found a massive lump on the left side of my vaginal canal - have to put my finger all the way in (sorry TMI) but then I can feel it very clearly. It’s hard, bulgy, and painless. It does not bleed. But it’s MASSIVE- like a plum. It’s sort of attached at one end but other than that I can move it around a bit.

Now I realise my back pain is the lump pressing on my back.

Fully prepared now to be told in my gynae appointment on Wednesday that I have a massive cancerous tumour. It’s such a big thing inside me!

Have any of you had a similar experience? Feeling a massive lump, I mean.

Oh poor Consuelo - it sounds more like a massive polyp than cancer, if you can move it around a bit. How distressing for you. They are called Fibroepithelial cervical polyps (FEPs) and can cause abdominal discomfort and bleeding. They are nearly always benign. If it is this they should be able to remove it. It’s unusual for them to grow to over 4cm but it has been known…. You’ve only got until Wednesday to wait. I hope you get some good news. X

1 Like

Going for my appointment this afternoon. I won’t lie - I am feeling pretty terrified. Anxious to get closer to finding out what’s going on, but at the same time aware that I will have to give up hope if the news is bad. At least for now there’s a chance it’s not sinister!

You will probably say I shouldn’t give up hope, whatever the news. :blush: And of course you’ll be right.

We’re thinking of you, Consuelo, let us know how you get on! X

Ladies - the lump I was feeling was my uterus… which has ‘descended due to age’. My cervix (or what remains of it) looks normal, and the bleeding is coming from the uterus, not the cervical stump. They have biopsied my uterus and are sending me for a CT scan to try to explain the bleeding and the limb swelling.

So it’s the best possible news. I should feel elated, but I just feel drained. @Jacks133 - thank you for supporting me through this.

5 Likes

This is brilliant news!!! I am so happy for you!!! Sorry your feeling abit down this evening ! Try and eat something you enjoy, have a bath and watch something you enjoy on TV. Xxx

1 Like

Thank you, @Leahlouise. I realise I am incredibly lucky. I still have all my symptoms, and I am grateful the doctors are taking those seriously and investigating. Part of me is convinced they’ll just find something sinister somewhere else! I have survivorship issues related to my cancer diagnosis age 27, which have been greatly exacerbated by having two small children, and having two good friends diagnosed with cancer recently. Thank you for not judging. :orange_heart:

1 Like

I’m so relieved that you’ve got better news than you expected! Well, we didn’t expect that, did we!! Sounds like they are talking about a prolapsed uterus. There are things than can be done, but the important thing is that it’s NOT a tumour, and you are being properly investigated. I hope, as Leahlouise says, that you’ve had a lovely relaxing evening. Xxxx

1 Like

Update: my uterine biopsy has come back clear. I am still bleeding steadily, so waiting for the CT scan to get some answers. Just posting this here in case someone is in a similar situation and comes across this thread in the future. Often people disappear when they get good news, and one is left wondering what happened!

6 Likes

Glad to hear it’s good news consuelo :slightly_smiling_face: hope ur feeling better and get bleeding under control soon. X