Hysteroscopy...

Hi!

Having experienced abnormal bleeding recently, I need to have a hysteroscopy. Fortunately, I’m going to be having it under a general anaesthetic, which I requested when I went to the hospital this morning. The nurse practitioner explained the test to me and would have done it there and then, but I expressed my fears about it and they were very understanding.

Has anyone had this done under GA? What was your recovery time / after effects? How long did you take off work?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I had this done 30/12/19 as a day case. It was a long day, so if you have not had it done by today take something to do.  

Yes.I bring my sock knitting stuff to hospital waiting areas, its portable, I can take my job anywhere, knitting, crochet or stitching  crafts etc, are very therapeutic and relieves the boredom.

i was told today I am to have a full Hysterectomy so I’ll be on the ward for about 4 days.  My Care Manager told me I would have to stain bed for 3 months after the op to get comlplete rest.  Please don’t rush back to work ladies after a major op like this, I’m sure you mwill get SPP if needed.